Athalon cronus btr gen2 4.5-27x

We've only had the Gen 1 come through our shop. I thought it was extremely good, especially for the price. Glass preferences seem to vary from person to person. Personally, I would be fine with the Cronus.

I've got a Gen 1 Cronus along with a Steiner T5 and Delta Stryker HD that are in the same price ranges. All of them are very well built scopes.
The Cronus turret's don't have as crisp / solid feel. I've heard that the Gen 2 has solved that issue.

The Steiner T5 would be a great scope if it didn't have so much Chromatic Aberration. I love the turret design on this scope, just hate how much CA it has looking thru it.

The Delta Stryker HD is the winner of this group. Great glass, Great turret's, plus they lock, Nice reticle choices.

The Cronus and Stryker HD along with several other brands use the same scope body. All are made by LOW in Japan, and the only differences are how each brand spec'd them out.

Who carries the Stryker in the USA and how is their support? What the prices of it vs the Cronus?

Who carries the Stryker in the USA and how is their support? What the prices of it vs the Cronus?

This is where I bought mine, I don't know about who would do actual support.
The Stryker is a fantastic scope, and I'd choose it over the Cronus BTR Gen 2.

I got the DLR-1 reticle in this scope. I've got several scopes with "Tree" reticles, and they are great to use, but I still prefer a simple style reticle for a hunting / target rifle. I prefer to dial the elevation turret instead of using the tree.

KfqZYtd.jpg

How long have you had your scope?

anything you wish it had different?

I've only had this scope for 4-5 month's. Other than scopes in this class being heavier than most want in a hunting scope - 35 ounces, it checks all the boxes that I look for in a scope. It's built well, has some great features, great reticle choices, very good glass, and tracks very well.
It's an easy scope to get behind and shoot for long periods. I've only been able to shoot out to 600 yards with it so far, but it tracks excellent. My local 2k yard range closed down, so I need to go to the ranch and shoot it out to 1200.

I have several scopes that cost twice as much, and I don't feel like the Stryker HD or Cronus give up too much to them when it comes to actually using the scope's in the field. I just like the features more on the Stryker HD than the Cronus.

I've got a Gen 1 Cronus along with a Steiner T5 and Delta Stryker HD that are in the same price ranges. All of them are very well built scopes.
The Cronus turret's don't have as crisp / solid feel. I've heard that the Gen 2 has solved that issue.

The Steiner T5 would be a great scope if it didn't have so much Chromatic Aberration. I love the turret design on this scope, just hate how much CA it has looking thru it.

The Delta Stryker HD is the winner of this group. Great glass, Great turret's, plus they lock, Nice reticle choices.

The Cronus and Stryker HD along with several other brands use the same scope body. All are made by LOW in Japan, and the only differences are how each brand spec'd them out.
My gen 2 cronus has pretty crisp clicks. I haven't owned a steiner but I've had a burris veracity and spent a little time behind an xtr. Although I'm sure the steiner is leaps and bounds above a burris, I think they are in a partnership of some sort. Im only mentioning this because I really liked the veracity all accept for so much CA. Just makes me wonder if those two companies source from the same glass supplier.

I own a cronus btr and just bought a gen 2. I also have a Steiner p4xi. I wouldn't hesitate on buying a cronus btr. It's fantastic. Steiner is really nice but for the money you can't go wrong with the Cronus BTR. I personally think it's the best in the 2000 and under price range. Razor gen 2 is nice but I don't think it's better than my Cronus it's very comparable in glass quality in my opinion. Cronus is not a heavy pig either. You can pick a Cronus BTR gen 2 for less than 1400$. I like the reticles better too. At that price point they are all nice it really comes down to personal preference.

My gen 2 cronus has pretty crisp clicks. I haven't owned a steiner but I've had a burris veracity and spent a little time behind an xtr. Although I'm sure the steiner is leaps and bounds above a burris, I think they are in a partnership of some sort. Im only mentioning this because I really liked the veracity all accept for so much CA. Just makes me wonder if those two companies source from the same glass supplier.
Burris and Steiner don't use the same glass. What they have in common is Beretta owns both of them and they are put together at the same facility. Steiner glass is shipped from Germany. Steiner glass is way better than Burris.