Crazy difference in 6.5 creed load data? What to do

18whlsrolin

Hodgdon lists 39.3 as max load for h414/win760 & 130 nos accubond. HNDY data 129gr interlock with h414/win 760 has a max of 46.0. HNDY say max velocity 2900fps with 46gr. Hodgdon says 2693 max with 39.3. Just to make it interesting Nosler data says 44 gr with max velocity of 2900fps with 130gr. Nosler is using nos brass, hodgdon and HNDY are using hdny brass. Listed pressure maxes are around 60k which is what has me all hot and bothered LoL! I'm reloading for a friend who just wants a deer dropper out to 300yds and doesn't want to mess with a lot of load development.
I was thinking 44gr h414 & HNDY 129 interlock should be safe at 10k off the lands with Fed LR primers.
How the heck can loads and pressures be so far apart between HNDY & hodgdon? Why would the accubond have so much more pressure than the interlock?
Just seems like a much bigger difference than usual and I don't want to have high pressure.

thanks

I'm no ballistic expert but just looking at the 2 different bullets' profiles it appears that the Nosler has a shorter ogive and more bearing surface to engage the rifling. This could be the reason for the max. charge variation.
But IMO, for a deer dropper, you don't need anything more than the good old Hornady Interlock. They've taken millions of deer I'm sure. I know I dropped my share of deer using them.

No, 1 advice you will get from any reloading book or anyone who has been reloating for a while "Start low and work your way up"!
Now, to answer your question, each company has their own "test barrel setup", own way to measure things, and they use differenct components, so differences are expected.
I use a lot of "Nosler" bullets and cases, and my default books are Lyman and Nosler, but even then...Start low, work up!
Always consult 2-3 sources before you start working up a load!

^^^^+1 and add that your rifle is different than theirs and ours. Differences like that scream back off and work up. Ive taken dozens of deer with interlocks and never a failure but you cant go wrong with either

You'll see similar variations with H335 in 223. Some brands starting load is above the max from other brands. Best advice is to always start low and work up. Differences in case volume, lot to lot powder variation, bullet bearing surface, free bore for the test barrel, how conservative the company is with their data etc all play into the published data.

It's very tough for me to advise anything other than start low and work up. If you're friend isn't interested is much load development they should stick to factory ammo. Much better than starting with a high load just off the lands and learning that it's an unsafe load for that rifle.