Coyote hunting tips

Thank You Reemty . I at one time used my dogs as live decoys . Mountain curs and then Southern Black Mouth Curs . I tanned a coyote one time and built a decoy for a guy out of it . I filled it with spray foam insulation and put some hard nine wire in the feet so you could push that into the ground and keep it standing . A pair killed it one day . My last black mouth was out with me one day when about six pups answered , he came back stood beside me and just looked at me for a couple of minutes then went and got in the back of the truck . He was done . and I decided I was too old to get another dog to train .

a dog on a coyote or wolf would be an advantage...……...little more detail on the pair killing the decoy Dave...………..add a little Wy-dam-O-ming flair and detail to the story please...………..tell it like we were sitting there next to you experiencing it for the first time.

a dog on a coyote or wolf would be an advantage...……...little more detail on the pair killing the decoy Dave...………..add a little Wy-dam-O-ming flair and detail to the story please...………..tell it like we were sitting there next to you experiencing it for the first time.
Sittin around a crackling fire sippin a little 1792 and water.

Well Brian ask me if I could tan a coyote for him and help him make it into a decoy . I got it tanned and left it stiff then put some spray foam insulation in it instead of buying a form for it . It worked well Brian would set it on a small raise out 20 to 50 yards from where he was going to call . I went with him in early May one time he had a call that some coyote were killing lambs on this rancher . We decided it was a pair with pups and that they were living over on some pine ridges about a mile from where they were killing lambs . He and I walked in to that pasture found us a good cedar tree to set up in front of . He set his decoy out to our side and down a draw some on a little ridge . We watched for awhile and then I let out a howl some answered from our left out quite aways away from us so I did some puppy squeals for them as we watched that way for them to show . While our attention was on the ones at a distance a pair slipped in and attacked the decoy from the back side of the little ridge . They were wanting to kill the invader and tore into it with all they had to offer and it's head came off . We did get them shot but I was sure that Brian was hurting bad at loosing his buddy the decoy he couldn't hardly say any thing and I couldn't hardly stop laughing . The others had to wait a day for us to go into their area .Not every one had a good time that day .

ReemtyJ ,

WHY H__L , we ARE sitting there beside him ( at our computer keyboards ) , while Dave is telling his stories around the campfire ( our computer MONITOR SCREENS ) . We just don't get the feeling of the cold wind blowing up our backs , while we warm our face and hands from the warmth of the fire .
D_MN , I really wish that we could be seated around a campfire in Wy-Dam-O-ming , or Mon-Dam-Tana , sharing all of these stories , as well as adult beverages and a LOT OF BS.
It would be UNFORGETABLE !!!!

DMP25-06

It is a possibility that I could but I know for a fact that any body that has hunted coyote has had some amazing experiences with them . And I love every one of mine as well as hearing you guy's experiences !