Coyote from my bedroom @ 1054 yards.

I do love where we now live. It is long range heaven.

No, pj's :D. It was mid day and I was workng on an elk chandelier and looked across the field. I have a set of 20x80 bino's set up on a tripod in the greatroom for scanning the field occationally. The 3 wet yotes were dark and stuck out like a sore thumb in the yellow wheat stubble. I told my wife what I was goig to do and went to the gun safe and grabbed the 338 and the shoot bag. I have a small bag that fits in the top of my pack. This bag always has what I need for a shot. Rear redtac bag, PLRF10, kestrel, 3 rounds, pda and my log book. The bag has a heavy handle on top so if I am hunting I can drop the backpack and pull the shoot bag out and go prone.

Jeff

Broz, I think Len needs to change your sign on name to "Bedroom Sniper" gun)

Also, I think I could hear your wife, if she's anything like mine, muttering something about that's the fastest she's seen you move in the bedroom in some time. :D

Again, anyone who gets to snipe a yote out their bedroom slider at over a 1000yds is my Hero!!!!

LOL :D, I remember Roy posting pics from some of his window shooting and telling how if you didn't warn the misses before you shot there was an aftershock.:D

Jeff

well done you ever find the coyote.

Never went down there but today there were several magpies and a few ravens in the same ditch. So I say he is there. All the yotes here this time of year are rubbed real bad and he most likely was not worth carrying out.

This ditch is in the middle of a section of all wheat stubble and is maybe 400 yards long. More like a water way, no trees etc. If he would have came out into the stubble I would ave seen him.

Jeff

Yeah, it's old hat for you now. When I get my 1000 yard coyote, I WILL go get him and his photo WILL be all over the internet! :cool: :D Great job, Jeff!

I just finished reading through this thread a few minutes ago. What a laugh and what picture I have in my mind! First, I too am just slightly envious - being able to shoot out the bedroom window... at 1000 or more it sounds like. I've got thick forest just 75' from the back door. Second, for a wife who didn't have you locked up! Mine has an orange jumpsuit all picked out for me! Anyhow, made my morning. Thanks!!

I'd be pleased to walk out through all that mud and pick up your coyote for you, Jeff.

I'd be pleased to walk out through all that mud and pick up your coyote for you, Jeff.

I was bored yesterday and took a walk. He was there, well,,, what was left of him anyway. The birds and few of his brothers have visited. Looks like I hit him in the rump. I am amazed he made it the 50 yards to the ditch. Those buggers are tough critters.

Jeff

Nice shot!! My wife is a lot like yours. Last week when I spotted a yote in the field out back from my living room. I was gettin the gun and she was grabbin the binos to spot for me. When I let the 125 grains fly she was sayin to herself about what the yote had done turning broadside for me "that was a real stupid thing to ...." she never got the "do" out cause the dog fell. I couldnt believe she watched the whole thing unfold. Sometimes I think she's more redneck than me.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.