Cow hunt for someone with a bad ankle

DSMITH1651

Me my dad and wife want to hunt wlk next season. The problem is my dad just had his ankle operated on and he will pr6be limited on his ability to hike bad terrain for any length of time.
We are probably leaning towards an outfitter but are open to a DIY hunt we are all seasoned hunters but have limited experience out west
Thank you

You might look into Arizona. Not sure of the tag availability but the terrain in elk country that I've been in there was much more walkable than some other places and Arizona is just an awesome place anyway.

AZ is definitely awesome. Cow elk hunts can be as easy or as hard as you want to make them.

2019, my older daughter smoked a big cow, and we literally drove right up to her, quartered her up and put her in the truck. I will be honest though, that is not the norm out here in AZ.

20191019_170801.jpg

20191019_172859.jpg

We don't want to spend a hole lot. It seems outfitters are 1500 to 2000 for a cow hunt and that would be fine but much more and we will do a bull hunt

You can find many cow hunts in that range, so just figure what terrain you can navigate and do some research. You could also get in touch with a Hunting Consultant. Good luck to you Pard!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.