Corrosion Inhibitor?

Lonewolf74

I've got a few piles of brass that I've recently got around to de-priming and wet tumbling. This is brass that I may never end up using but I like to keep some around for a rainy day.

Anyway is there anything to treat the brass with for long term storage so it doesn't tarnish or corrode?

I was thinking something like straight lanolin oil could work? I also did a little searching around and came across a short thread in Cast Boolits that said benzotriazole could be mixed with water to treat your brass.

Just looking for some more experience from those that have cleaned brass and stored it for years, maybe I don't even need to worry about treating the brass…let me know what you think?

I just put mine in a sealed baggie, then back into the tumbler if they lose the shine before I need them. Cheap, and it works.....just did it for some 243 brass yesterday.

Gave some thought to using vaccum bags, it worked with primers.

Yea this is why it's good to bounce ideas and get simple solutions. Vacuum sealed bags sounds like a great idea with no worries of needing to clean any solution off the brass when it's time to reload.