Copper fouling

I use GunSlick foaming bore cleaner (now discontinued) or look for cleaners that have similar components - these react with copper and has never harmed my SS or Chrome Moly barrels. Various GunSlick SDS' will contain info on this stuff. The old GunSlick foaming bore cleaner probably also contained surfactants to attack fouling. Put a bullet or brass jag on a patch wetted with the GunSlick stuff & watch it turn green. I soak my barrels over-night or at least 15 minutes, being warm or hot helps. I also use detergent (surfactant) light viscosity synthetic motor oils with a nylon brush.

The photo on the left—.... I'm not familiar with the cross-hatching on what appears to be the lands.

+1 Odd. But then this is why I didn't get that Teslong.... God only knows what horrors I would find!!

Seriously though, I wonder if that is brush fibers cutting through carbon?

All copper removed using Buth's Bore Shine (someone recommended it here and worked like a charm).
Have some carbon left, but it i in the grooves. See update pictures. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 57
All copper removed using Buth's Bore Shine (someone recommended it here and worked like a charm).
Have some carbon left, but it i in the grooves. See update pictures. Thanks everyone.
I didn't put 2 and 2 together that was you in the other carbon thread.

Glad to see the copper cleaned up nicely. That is the strangest cross-hatch deposit I have seen. But all good now. Let us know how it shoots!