Converting Savage 110 338 Lapua FCP to Blind mag

Shane Lindsey

Good moring all,

Looking for input from folks that have done this or know anything special to make it work.

I have the above rifle and am thinking of making a version for hunting using a blind mag. I am not a fan of the DBM systems. I realize this will be a "kicker", but I am also adamantly opposed to weight now 🤣 .

Parts I am looking to change out for this. CF barrel and a Mesa Precision Arms Stock (once they inlet for this).

Anyone do this? Looking for imput on the trigger gaurd and spring/follower used. Also, what inlet did you have them do for the stock.

Thanks for the input

I'm afraid I'm not a lot of help on this. I went to chassis systems so I wouldn't have to deal with blind mags! Now I have to figure out the AICS and AIAW, LOL.

I've never done the Lapua but I've built some 338/300 RUMs on Savage actions that functioned as blind mag repeaters with a 3.8" box. Sectioned and welded two stagger feed boxes together on a couple and notched the front of a center feed box on another. The box was fixed to the stock both ways, used standard Savage trigger guards, and the mag well was inlet as needed. Maybe section the existing DBM(single stack? might only get one round down?) or use a Wyatt's center feed box and make it work. It's not a buy some parts and bolt them together project but I don't see a reason it isn't possible.

What stock did you use?

I know McMillan does some Savages. I have an older flat back that has a Game Warden, but I had to send the BA to them to inlet. Not sure what else they do for them.
I just don't know how to order the inlet.

One was an A5L from Joel Russo, one was a Boyd's, one was a B&C. All started as standard Savage stagger feed blind mag inlets and were modified as needed. Savage 338 Lapua rifles have the top bolt release still don't they? Inlet for a long action, center feed blind mag, with a metal trigger guard would probably be a good place to start.