Converting Metric scope values

Shumba

I have a Zeiss 6-24x56 scope on a 300 Jarrrett. I am shooting 180 AB at 3280 FPS. WhPen verifying drops out to 1300 yds I am having to play with Shooter a bit more than usual to get a drop chart to match actual results when shooting. Aside from the playing with the BC and MV, could my scope inputs be causing the error? The scope utilizes .5 cm per 100 meter clicks. It never dawned on me that this is not the same as .2" clicks per 100 yards or 1/5 clicks on shooter. Do I need to enter a custom click value? If so what is that value? or am I just confused?

.5 centimeters is .19685 inches. Pretty close, but you can use that number in a custom
click field instead of .2 I think shooter uses a percentage for correction so you will have to pick iphy and
correct it with the reciprocal. If so the correction should be .98425% of the 1/5th iphy selection in the
correction field below the elev. and wind turret entries.

In shooter set windage and elevation to mils and click value to 1/20.

That will equal .5 cm per 100 m.

James

here is what I like to do but take some time to do.take a large pice of white papper and make a scale with H/V lines with nice clean inches marked on it.you know draw a nice bold cross on it with a scale showing inches up/down right/left.

now put the scale up at each range you will be shooting.lets say 300.now just make note to what your dots or other marks on the retical show up as an inch or inches to each mark.now you will have a real world scale for that distance or any other rage you post it at.it just takes the math out of it for me and works great.

Thanks everyone for the help. Loner I used your info and that brought my chart almost exactly in line with my proven drops. Thanks for the math work! I made my loving for the last 18 years as a professional rodeo cowboy and i might have taken a hit to the head once or twice giving me an excuse as to why my math skills are lacking ......:D

Thanks again for the help everyone.

That's all fine but he's ranged in yards.

As far as I can find there is no other way to enter the range but yards, other than by using information from a ranging reticle. It will still give you the range in yards though. So I don't see what your point is.
As I said before 1/20 mil per click is equal to .5 cm per100 m per click not just close to it.
Of course there is always the possibility that even though the scope is supposed to be .5 per 100m the values may be off, just like a scope that is supposed to have a click value of 1/4 moa may actually be something slightly different.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.