Rifle values

victocast

I have a Fn Herstal bolt action rifle made in Belgium, the caliber is 6.5 x 06. The rifle is in excellent condition and I think it's a m98 not sure. It's a custom made commercial long range hunting rifle with the Mauser action. Can anyone tell me what the rifle may be valued at, and is it what I think it is. Thank you

Is there a model name and number? Like you have a Winchester model 70 or Remington 700. Is there a serial number with the last 2-3 digits redacted to post? A pic? I googled FN Herstal bolt actions and they were anywhere from $600 to $5000!

I have seen a couple on Gunbroker in that caliber. Look there, but include past sales so you can see what they are really selling for.

Yeah would need pictures because it depends who the action was manufactured for. I don't recall a factory 6.5-06 ever being produced. I have an FN Belgium commerical 98 made for JC Higgins. Great rifle but probably $450 on the open market. Same action on say a Browning Safari and it's work $1500 or more.

Sorry I missed the "custom made" part. Info on the barrel and gunsmith could add value to the price. Plus the stock, safety, and trigger info can build value too.
The action was made in Belgium, that's what it says on the barrel the safety is on the right side of stock right behind the bolt handle, the sling swivels are quick release down inside the stock, the top of the stock cheek well has a curved fin on it. the trigger has a wide grooved trigger shoe and it's crisp and light.

The action was made in Belgium, that's what it says on the barrel the safety is on the right side of stock right behind the bolt handle, the sling swivels are quick release down inside the stock, the top of the stock cheek well has a curved fin on it. the trigger has a wide grooved trigger shoe and it's crisp and light.
Pictures of the marking on the barrel will help. If the sling swivels are flush mount that's a nice feature and could be a sign of a quality build. Safety on the bolt is worth more (three position) but two position sliding safety is common. Really pictures are needed and hopefully there will be markings onthe barrel naming the smith. Stock quality can also add value if it's nice wood, or a high quality synthetic.

OP like this??

I'm wondering if that one is a military action and not a commercial action. "Built on a Venezuelan Mauser action. "

Pictures of the marking on the barrel will help. If the sling swivels are flush mount that's a nice feature and could be a sign of a quality build. Safety on the bolt is worth more (three position) but two position sliding safety is common. Really pictures are needed and hopefully there will be markings onthe barrel naming the smith. Stock quality can also add value if it's nice wood, or a high quality synthetic.
Heck maybe it's not a custom build I'll send some pics