Converting a double barrel shotgun to a double barrel rifle

t_haynes_12

I saw the vortex nation podcast about the 357 maximum. The guy converted an old ruger no. 1 and it looked nice. I think one of them said something about turning a 28 gauge SxS into a double barrel rifle. Where would one get started for this? I have an idea for a build but it's just an idea. Where would one need to start?

Some guys were doing it on the CZ over under rifle shotgun combo guns that were also fitted with double shotgun barrels

I have Ellis Brown's book, it's a must have/read for this. I have not done it yet, but I did pick up a good doner shotgun with a greener crossbolt. Ellis talks about action strength in his book, and I can't remember what cartridges a 28 gauge action would be rated for.

There are some "true gunmakers" out there. Guys like AML, who can and do much more than chamber a barrel, fitting it to the action and glassing into a synthetic stock some other company made on a production basis.

There are some "true gunmakers" out there. Guys like AML, who can and do much more than chamber a barrel, fitting it to the action and glassing into a synthetic stock some other company made on a production basis.
You should go check out Dewey Vicknair's blog
D'Arcy does good rifles

I've been blessed to play with some D'Arcy's rifles and a handful of Gene Simillion's as well. Also London makers, there are still awesome people out there putting love in.

add to those you listed,,,Duane Wiebe, Steven Hughes, Stewart Shatterlee, Jim Kobe, Jim Wisner, James Anderson, and Chuck Grace,,,,, just to mention a few more. And, there are many others, unknows or not often mentioned, out there.

Last edited: