conversion: Hoyt carbonite alphatec target to hunting bow

wildcat westerner

Hello, this is an attempt to acquire complete information on a bow I received that was used for target work. I want to use it for hunting. I would want to change its draw length, add a hunting sight to replace the sophisticated Toxonics scope and also add a bowquiver. It must be over 60 pounds.
In 1972 I became a senior member of the P&Y, which meant an awful lot to me at that time. But, after a serious accident I have not bowhunted for 47 years. Now, I have this bow, far superior to any I have owned, no matter what the latest thing on this market is. I am told today that an increase in 20 fps nowadays gets a lot of people excited. I saw my last patient 13 years ago, but realize we hunt mammals who have not changed anatomically in over 12,000 years. Thus this bow should, if set up correctly, serve my purposes for hunting deer , antelope and Elk.
I remember compounds when they first appeared and they were noisy. What are the best methods for silencing these bows when shot ? What are the best types of arrows for hunting with this bow, both price and performance wise? There were a million broadheads then and there have to be as much or many more now. What is a good broadhead for the money that resists wind planing?
Thank you in advance for any insights you may wish to share with me.
WW

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.