Consistently & Reputably Inherently acccurate bullets

jon12

I understand that certain guns like certain bullets more than other, but its logical that by design, certain bullets will travel down the bore, exit the crown, and most of all fly through the air more consistently than others, and therefore be more accurate. Im curious to see what makes and styles of hunting type (NOT necisarily premium/bonded/whatever) bullets you all have found to be the most consistently and reliably accurate with the most loads and guns. I know that shape has something to do with it, and it is also logical that simply constructed bullets are more consistant that more complex designs (hence the partition, while a great perforer on game, is not known for tiny groups).

The reason I ask ya'lls opinion is that I am trying to work up an extremely accurate load for my .270 WSM hunting rifle. It is currently at HCR having some custom work done, but in the meantime, I have loaded up a box each of of three simple-construction non premium hunting bullets (all with complable charges of RL19 in winchester cases with federal large rifle mag match primers)which I know to be accurate, Hornady interlocks, Sierra gamekings, and Nosler Ballistic tips. I hope to get an idea of which shoots best im my rifle and go from there. I know more experimentation than that is needed to really determine which shoots best, since different bullets like different charges and different seating deapths, but I hope to get a rough idea.

So, how would yall rank these selections and what others would you put within or above these and what would you avoid? Thanks alot.

By the way, what powders in the RL19 burn rate range (anything from about H414 to H4831) have yall found to be more accurate than others, especially in short fat mags?

I have found the Nosler Ballistic tips to be realy consistant and accurate in pretty much any rifle I have shot them in. and as of late the new accubonds seem to be on the same page shooting just as well

sierra spitzers and hpbt hunting bullets realy seem to shine in just about any gun i have ever shot.. same goes for the nosler bt's .. loaded some accubonds for my cousins 300win that shot realy well....
as far as powders goes.. i think RL19 and slower would work good in the short mags.. i shoot mostly heavy bullets in my 7WSM and it shoots good with N560/RL22/ RL25/ H1000.
i would say the .270WSM would be close to the same but i have never dealt with one! good luck with yours..
Brien

Brady Knight's 52gr Match bullets are very consistent in my
.223 and 22BR. Rem also in a friend's 22 Cheeta.These aren't exactly long range pills although I have shot 1.75" groups at near 400 yds. with them.

I have found the Nosler Ballistic tips to be realy consistant and accurate in pretty much any rifle I have shot them in. and as of late the new accubonds seem to be on the same page shooting just as well
In M80 ammo the 147 grain really shines for Garand, M1a1 and the FAL. The FAL even shoots the 147 grain really good. Do not even try the 150s.

RL23, RL26, H1000, IMR-7977, all will work great in the 270 WSW. IMR-7828 also works great.

I am yet to find a rifle that does not like Sierra Bullets, very accuarte, and consistently.

The Interlocks and Ballistics Tips have also worked great. But Sierra has always been easy to find a great load for.

If you put a Sierra Gameking 10 thou off the lands with a reasonable charge and it doesn't show some promise you probably have something in the rifle itself that could be better.... Nosler BT also shoot well. Hornady A-max are another that if your rifle won't shoot them pretty well it likely isn't going to shoot anything better.....

The A-max are my go to bullets for checking out the potential in a rifle, if I don't have them I will use a Gameking and sometimes start with Gameking if it is a strictly hunting rifle. A-max are relatively easy to get and relatively cheap even now.