considering purchasing a meopta meopro scope...

Robster80

anyone own a meopro rifle scope??? considering purchasing a 4-12x50 with either the plex or #4 reticle.....ive heard mostly good things about them and they can be bought at a good price...was just wondering anyones experiences or thoughts on these?

I own two of the very model you speak. I'm very glad I stumbled across those. I think they compare very favorably with Zeiss quality at a better price. I also own a couple of Zeiss scopes as well. Once you move up in magnification on a tight budget the Meopro will win out as the cost savings may well be in hundreds of $$s.

The model you've cited will not have a parallax adjustment, but I don't mind that as I'm not faced with long range game situations.

I own two of the very model you speak. I'm very glad I stumbled across those. I think they compare very favorably with Zeiss quality at a better price. I also own a couple of Zeiss scopes as well. Once you move up in magnification on a tight budget the Meopro will win out as the cost savings may well be in hundreds of $$s.

The model you've cited will not have a parallax adjustment, but I don't mind that as I'm not faced with long range game situations.

u have the 4-12? is it the plex reticle? i actually got to look thro the plex reticle version yesterday. love the scope but man those plex croshairs seem a bit thin. thinner than my swaro. sorta makes me consider the 4 reticle but ive always hunted with the plex. kinda woried those crosshairs might fade early

Both my meopros have the #4 reticle, sorry I did not clarify that. I've heard others complain about the fine line quality of the cross hairs even on the #4, but it's never been a problem for me, as the heavy bars on this reticle are enough to zero game at the shorter ranges I hunt, predominately in the woods hunting trails.
My biggest gripe about these scopes is the finicky metal turret caps that can be a pain to reseat once you adjusted the scope at the range.

Both my meopros have the #4 reticle, sorry I did not clarify that. I've heard others complain about the fine line quality of the cross hairs even on the #4, but it's never been a problem for me, as the heavy bars on this reticle are enough to zero game at the shorter ranges I hunt, predominately in the woods hunting trails.
My biggest gripe about these scopes is the finicky metal turret caps that can be a pain to reseat once you adjusted the scope at the range.

could a 4 reticle work well at longer ranges tho, such as 150-300 yds? i was hoping the plex reticle would have thicker crosshairs because ive heard for the money these scopes r hard to beat and i like the robust design and big eyebox. i think the best plex ive seen is the conquest. one other concern is my bolt hitting the eyebox. right now i have a 50mm scope mounted on a small dnz mount. works well but its gonna b close i think with the meopta

At those yardages I guess it depends on the amount of light as to how the thickness of the crosshair will be affected. One of my 4x12x50s sits on a TC Icon with medium rings. The Icon has the 60 degree bolt throw. The other sits on an HB Howa varminter with medium rings. I assume this rifle has the same bolt throw as a wthby vanguard. Neither setup has a bolt throw problem. A buddy of mine shoots kimbers and he uses the 3x9x42 with no problems. You raise a very good question and you'll need to get that resolved for sure prior to purchase if your ordering the scope to come to you. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.