Quality of Meopta meopro scopes

tribb

Thinking of buying a Meopta meopro scope. I believe they're $699.00 I'm interested in the 4.5-14x44 model Please compare and or provide input with your use of them. Thanks for your help.

I have two of the optika 6 scopes the glass quality is much better than the price would lead you to believe and the tracking has been spot on I am completely happy with them and would buy another Call and talk to Doug at cameraland they give great pricing over the phone and are very good to deal with

I know this is an older thread but I've finally had the chance to put mine through some tests.

The optics are very good. Good clarity, good edge to edge resolution, better than average light gathering.

The limited tracking tests I've done show that the turrets track very well. My model is 3-18x50 SFP with a bdc reticle and capped turrets. But I've dialed it while zeroing and once up to 8 and 12moa and it tracked well.

My 2 issues with it so far.

1 is the magnification ring. It is way overkill and bulky. I could have mounted in low rings and had a more comfortable cheek weld if not for the huge magnification ring. The bolt would interfere if it was lower.

The second is the bdc reticle. I ignorantly assumed it was referenced at 18x (3-18 model). It is referenced at 6x. This isn't a show stopper but I do feel it's a mistake by meopta. I understand the mirage limiting a scopes usefulness at full power but 6x is too low. 12x or 15x would have been a nice compromise. As it is now, depending on the rifle/load/conditions you're limited to 400-500 yds max at 18x with the subtensions. You do get a more precise subtension @18x but I'd rather have a higher max range at a higher magnification personally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.