Considering 3 Brands-Models of Muzzle Brakes- Any Opinions?

Eric Cortina is the answer, call him.
I'd be afraid to call Eric Cortina, he can shoot 5 shots through the same hole at 1000 yards. And he pulls practical April Fools jokes on people he knows, and he is from Texas. He may get mad that I'm not wanting to use his tuner brake, or I might ask him a dumb question......I'm still considering his tuner vs. all the others, and may go with his tuner, but I really don't feel he has the best brake solution for me that's out there, especially for .338 LM and above. Tiny brakes don't really do that well in the tests I just saw at:

And, I actually might suggest to him that if he can make some brakes that will do what the 5 port beast and the T-4 are doing in those videos, and couple that with his tuner, he'd probably corner the market! Just IMHO, but he could make his new machine shop a custom shop to optimize Brakes, and Tuners, (selling his tuner of course) and making it all integrate well together. He seems like a very knowledgeable and creative lathe operator and machinist type. It should be a cinch. I did talk to Alamo Precision up in North Texas though because they are one of his sales and installation outlets. I may still try to work through them on whatever "Frankenstein" kind of Tuner- muzzle Brake install I dream up after I read all of the advice and ideas I get here on LRH.

I'm afraid to call ol Eric. He may put a pumpkin with dial indicators on the end of my muzzle and laugh about it when I pick it up.:)

Man, you got it extra rough, not only behind lines in Cali, but in "corona" california.....:) Thanks for your answer
:DYou got that right.We should be out of here by next year,I was shootin' for Montana but mama is pretty much dead set on the Flagstaf,AZ area which is ok with me too.Have been out here for 25 years and have had more than my fill,if not for the worthless *** politicians and their idiotic gun laws,high cost of living,and illegals on every corner it wouldn't be too bad of a place.We live 12 miles south of Corona on the 15 so I don't have to deal with those knuckleheads.👍

Ya know, just visually, all the slots you cut in a jackolantern at Halloween does resemble some of these muzzle brakes I have seen in the videos today........

:DYou got that right.We should be out of here by next year,I was shootin' for Montana but mama is pretty much dead set on the Flagstaf,AZ area which is ok with me too.Have been out here for 25 years and have had more than my fill,if not for the worthless *** politicians and their idiotic gun laws,high cost of living,and illegals on every corner it wouldn't be too bad of a place.We live 12 miles south of Corona on the 15 so I don't have to deal with those knuckleheads.👍
Godspeed to your new location in Flagstaff......I'm sure momma has the say so if you wanna go huntin......And if Love'em or Leave'em is the right saying, with respect to Calif. I don't know how ya could Love'em.......whatsover, especially not if you like firearms, shooting sports, or huntin......so I suppose ya gotta leave'em. No place is perfect, but some places are just FREE'er than others.

I bought a t4 for my 338 edge m, I have a pain killer on a 28 nosler that's under 8lbs I'm very impressed with the 28 haven't got to shoot the edge yet but I'm sure it will work very well.

I love the testing videos! Thank you for sending that link. This definitely tells me the Beast and T-4 are tops at recoil reduction.
I wouldn't be as impressed with the Fat Bastard unless I knew there was a much better MOA accuracy trade-off for less recoil reduction. There must be some reason though why its the single top used brake for long range benchrest shooters according to several things I read? Ie, it might not reduce recoil quite as much but close, but is more accurate than others?

Do you know of anyone who has done similar testing of different brakes looking at MOA vs. the different brakes?

I don't know of any other brake manufacture that tests his , against theirs . I think Nathan is straight up , and has nothing to hide .

I'm not sure how far you're shooting , or what your intentions are . the muzzle brakes and more I have , doesn't disappoint me . a week ago I pounded the 20" or 24" square 1760 yard steel up pretty bad . the week before , I put the hurt on the 2000 yard plate about 28" or 30" square . when I miss , the last thing I say is , the darned brake screwed me .

I just realized a possible answer to my conundrum.........I may have been asking an Oxymoron question...... Let's say I was just going to put on a brake only and wanted the best brake for just recoil reduction, then I think with all the stuff I read today I'm getting close to
understanding maybe which are the top 2 or so. But then I was worried about the tradeoff in accuracy due to any affect on barrel harmonics the brake may have due to the way it is cut, and the directions it is funneling the gas. But, I already decided I'm gonna install a barrel tuner too......so if I get the best brake for recoil, shouldn't I not worry much about the harmonics since I will have an integrated tuner to dial away the harmonics whatever they are? Maybe I was trying to be too precise looking for a brake that is high on accuracy while being high on recoil reduction at the same time???? Did I just answer my own question maybe at least in part?

Doesn't seem like anyone knows of testing that has been done on MOA vs. brake designs anyway? Maybe no one has done it.
Maybe it does not exist......

Barrel tuner? Like the snake oil limbsaver thing?

A good brake won't effect your accuracy. If anything they help on big cartridges because you won't flinch.

Barrel tuner? Like the snake oil limbsaver thing?

A good brake won't effect your accuracy. If anything they help on big cartridges because you won't flinch.
Yes, like the ECtuner, Harrell's, ATS, or Ezell PDT tuner.

You might want to read through this discussion thread below and visit some of the quoted websites to get a better idea of where I want to go with this if you have time.

Yes, like the ECtuner, Harrell's, ATS, or Ezell PDT tuner.

You might want to read through this discussion thread below and visit some of the quoted websites to get a better idea of where I want to go with this if you have time.

I followed that thread a little...on a factory Savage, honestly I wouldn't waste my time. Unless you're running a 20+ lb benchrest rifle it'll be extremely difficulty to know if it's the "tuner" making the difference or you or the ammo or bullets etc...to many variables with an off the shelf rifle. IMO. Get a good efficient brake and practice, practice practice!!!

I've never noticed an accuracy difference between my rifles before breaks and after. If anything it got better do to more manageable recoil and my average shooting ability.