Comparing Ballistic programs???

CatShooter

I've run several on mine against some commercial and JBM (of course) for comparison with what I'd call pleased results.

I'm hadn't considered running any series in a cross check manner... It'd be a good comparison but but I believe it'd need to be done by one person and not a common seed files/data farmed out to several sites.

I have compared RSI, Reloaders Archive, and JBM,Exbal and barnes. If the same atmosheric data and bullet info is used, they have all been within an inch of eachother. RSI and JBM lets you use differant drag models such as G1, G5 and G7. Relaoders archive lets you use a number in place of the G factor like for G1, you use .290 From there, its all about manipulating the drag model number or the G model along with the BC to equal your real world data. Barnes doesnt allow you to change barometric pressure or humidity, they are defaulted at the standard.

[ QUOTE ]
Barnes doesnt allow you to change barometric pressure or humidity, they are defaulted at the standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it wont let you adjust drag functions either. That was my first commercial calculator, hence the birth of The Reloader's Archive. It also lets a shooter fill the gaps between regular drag models (G1, G5, G7 etc...)to create his own personal trajectory. In most cases, the BC decay (drag function) and BC can be adjusted together in differant directions to get more precise drop charts. Most shooters who struggle to create an accurate drop chart find they can create one near perfect with TRA vs some of the other programs out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.