Colorado voted to reintroduce wolfs

Wolves are a plague and they are way to slippery to shoot enough to make a difference. It's free game on coyotes with a $50 bounty where I live and there are still so many coyotes. This really sucks!

Montana, you obviously don't live in griz or wolf country or been around them at all

Amazing what you know about me. Don't be confused about a legal address vs where I spend my time.

IMG_2162.jpeg

This g- bear was 3 miles from my house in Jun.
And I ran across this track about a week ago hunting.

Attachments

• 23464.jpeg
    23464.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 71
Don't matter were you live think its so easy come on out and shoot away

Attachments

• 20201030_132547.jpg
    20201030_132547.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
This quote sums up the problem for me. Who do these folks think support the CPW? It's not animal watchers or taxpayers paying for the CPW, it's hunters. Once those dollars shrink what's going to happen?

"...wolf supporters celebrated what they saw as the start of a wildlife management shift away from prioritizing hunting and agricultural interests toward a holistic re-balancing of ecosystems by restoring a predator."

Quoted from here.

Everybody thinks that you can shoot your way out of wolves numbers growing AINT GONNA HAPPEN!
Theres only 2 ways to control wolf populations and 1 will never happen the other is trapping and its gotta be year round.

I believe this to be fact. I am not an expert, but I do have over a decade of conservation experience trapping wolves in Alberta.

I have shot a handful, but on a good month the trapline would account for more than the lifetime total of all my rifles put together.

It's hard work. Some counties even 'incentivize' efforts up there and the problem is still growing.

A big part of the problem is loss of habitat. Herbivores need habitat, but predators just need prey...

On a lighter note;

What's about 150lbs, and harder to find in the forest than a wolverine?

... A biologist 😆

We've been shooting coyotes forever year around and there's still tons everywhere.
Untill our F@G departments get serious about reducing populations and not putting restrictions on them nothings gonna change, sadly all the liberals moving here thinking there great isn't helping at all.
The only glimmer of hope Montana has is we have a new governor and he's gotta put game commisioners in place who wanna do something for our deer and elk populations especially our MD herds there in terrible shape especially here in Western montana

If they introduce the wolves back that will do away with their cash cow , deer and elk
Take it to the Bank Colorado F@G will always have the money to operate the liberal government there will make sure of it.
Oh there will be 10 years grants to study everything, ive watched it for the last 25 years in Montana

Everybody thinks that you can shoot your way out of wolves numbers growing AINT GONNA HAPPEN!
Theres only 2 ways to control wolf populations and 1 will never happen the other is trapping and its gotta be year round.
Even the F@ G biologists say you have to take 33% of the population each year just to remain even and thats never happened in Montana.
I'm sad to come to the realization its truly a war on the western way of life with all the influx of lidtards in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado.
Sad thing is it just takes a few of the big cities population to control the whole state
It is indeed a war, has been for some time. We have to win it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.