Colorado voted to reintroduce wolfs

It is indeed a war, has been for some time. We have to win it.
As long as you welcome in invaders who want to fundamentally change your way of life, you will not win anything. Because of our generosity and tolerance (things the left have never had) we will go the way of the Indians. Outnumbered, pushed off our land, our kids will be assimilated and we will be disarmed, until we eventually disappear. It's been going on for a long time. In 1988, maybe we could have stopped things. But that was a long time ago. In 2020, the dam has broken.

As long as you welcome in invaders who want to fundamentally change your way of life, you will not win anything. Because of our generosity and tolerance (things the left have never had) we will go the way of the Indians. Outnumbered, pushed off our land, our kids will be assimilated and we will be disarmed, until we eventually disappear. It's been going on for a long time. In 1988, maybe we could have stopped things. But that was a long time ago. In 2020, the dam has broken.
Sad but true

My corner of the state has already seen a drop in hunter's due to the fact that the F&G dept has finally seen the huge drop in the elk and mule deer population in the five unit's around us. The archery elk tags are draw only, no more either sex rifle or archery elk tags, and cow tags in those units were cut by over half i believe. And it only took them 15 yrs to figure it out

We also have a problem with the bears that is bad enough for F&G to basically beg hunters to buy a tag. And that's what happens when you can no longer bait, run dogs, or have a spring season. Our local taxidermists finally told people to stop bringing in bears and go somewhere else, one in particular, received 23 bears in a 2 week period.

So the economic bruise has already been seen in my area due to the lack of hunters this yr and it will only get worse. we heard that the F&G has 3 yrs to get everything in order for the reintroduction but i'm sure that it has already rolling for a few yrs already. Definitely a sad day for sportsman in colorado but everyone will suffer in the end.

I wish I could say you are wrong....but.

It's a sad day for the people of Colorado , I'm sick with the vote that has taken place. That vote should never have happened, how does John Q Public have enough information to make a decision on wolves? To me it appears that the only way to put wolves in Colorado, the citizens released a pandemic on the state! However this one is a real killer! In a world of quick information it doesn't take a genius to see this was a terrible idea! Game populations , ranchers and jobs just got eaten up with that referendum !

Wolves are just another tool that the liberals are using to do what they can to get rid of our guns . As soon as it's not a huntable population of game they will be then you don't need guns . I may be crazy as a sh!t house rat but I'd bet money that's where this will lead !

Your not at all crazy wv270wsm, our antigun enemy is pure evil and will use any means available to deprive us of our right to keep and bear arms.

Your not at all crazy wv270wsm, our antigun enemy is pure evil and will use any means available to deprive us of our right to keep and bear arms.
I agree the anti gun people are not above anything to close out the 2nd amendment but this wolf thing is about money. A few people are making big money at the expense of all the people of Colorado and the northern mid west and western states! A open demonstration of sportsman and ranchers protesting would show the urban dwellers of Colorado that the people of the land will not tolerate this being jammed down their throats ! Trouble is unlike the rioters in these cities , we all have work to do and jobs!

My corner of the state has already seen a drop in hunter's due to the fact that the F&G dept has finally seen the huge drop in the elk and mule deer population in the five unit's around us. The archery elk tags are draw only, no more either sex rifle or archery elk tags, and cow tags in those units were cut by over half i believe. And it only took them 15 yrs to figure it out

We also have a problem with the bears that is bad enough for F&G to basically beg hunters to buy a tag. And that's what happens when you can no longer bait, run dogs, or have a spring season. Our local taxidermists finally told people to stop bringing in bears and go somewhere else, one in particular, received 23 bears in a 2 week period.

So the economic bruise has already been seen in my area due to the lack of hunters this yr and it will only get worse. we heard that the F&G has 3 yrs to get everything in order for the reintroduction but i'm sure that it has already rolling for a few yrs already. Definitely a sad day for sportsman in colorado but everyone will suffer in the end.
are you in SW CO? In NW, we've seen stable to improving populations of elk and deer, and predator hunting has been active. But the bear tags here are as you described - a plea to get hunters to buy them. However, probably due to the pandemic, hunter presence was huge this fall. More people than we've ever seen in each season, beginning with way too many in archery. It would be better if they did limit archery tags in our units.

Tuscan,
Yes, i am in SW colorado by the 4 corners. Colorado has long been the standby for hunters who didn't draw tags in other states and due to our state being money hungry, they allowed basically uncontrolled hunting for yrs and now our herds are showing it. The pandemic didn't bring us hunters but the huge influx of out-of-staters this past summer was outrageous!!! You couldn't find a camping spot anywhere in the forest for at least 4 months and the illegal camping, 4 wheeling, and other s***, was out of control. Now the shoving down our throat of a eating/killing machine will only seal the fate of our deer, elk, and moose but the bunny hugger that lives in a high rise in denver, who only gets out to pedal his/her bike around the woods, gets to make our decisions for us.

Yes sir, it is the sad truth about hunting, conservation, and our way of life. We as hunters are conservationist first and foremost but are labeled as heartless killers by people who don't have a clue about life. They are fueled by emotion's only, and the hatred of anyone who doesn't go with their agenda. We don't order our food via an app, don't drive electric cars, or eat tofu. We as hunters are self sufficient and they don't like us for that fact, if they can get rid of the animals we hunt, we no longer need to have weapons, be in the woods, etc. They will have a playground of their making all to themselves.

Kolorado has been Kalifornicated. I left NY in 2000 for similar reasons. Face it, there is no going back. All you can do is escape to a free state until they catch up with you there.

Biden's plan is to close all Federal land to public use, especially hunting.

We got the government we deserve. If you stayed home or voted for Biden, look in the mirror for the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.