Colorado unit 14 any snow yet

unclefish

Headed out to Clark Colorado week&1/2 wondering if anybody is around there. To get a snow report around hahns peak area
Will be there for the 2nd rifle season .
Have been watching weather there and it seems they have been dry.
Looks like they are getting some cold nights but warm days.
Thanks if someone has an update for me.

I live in southwest Park County @ 8600'. Fairplay had a skifting or snow @ about 10,000' last week. We haven't had any up here in the Guffey area yet. Where I'm gonna hunt is about 10,000' and there's no snow there yet either. I'm headed out in the 2nd season also.

Thanks for the report. Count down is on. Looks like snow after the day I leave to come home. On the long term forecast. Wed. Night I will be there. Good luck on your hunt sounds like it might be a little warm during the days. With couple nice cool 30 degree nights.

Just got here today . No snow . Saw some elk grazing up high. Alot of mule deer around. Some bucks.. warm here.

I am not near unit 14, I am in Chama, NM right now. My Bull hunt starts Saturday the 17th in units 78,81 in Colo, second rifle. It is really warm here in Chama (80 in the day), but according to the local news channels, the weather is supposed to change this weekend. A cold front with precip expected Friday and 1 to 2 inches of rain is expected throughout Colo and NM. Higher elevations in the San Juans is expected to get 2 to 3 inches of snow. I hope this helps, andit sure has me excited. Hunting in 80 degree weather with shorts and flip flops is not what I expected, but it will happen if necessary. Good luck on your hunt !

Just an update . Saw about 50 elk come over the ridge running for the field tonight . Of course on the neighbors property. Alot of mule deer but only a few bucks. This year I have seen more hawks then I think I have ever seen before. A few red fox booking through the fields . One had a nice grouse in its mouth. Still very warm here during the day. And still No Snow

Same here. My opening day gift was 4 guys coming in unexpectedly to the property next door. They have a history of driving ATVs on everyone else's property. My day will be sitting stylus them instead of hunting. I'm working with the owner and they let them come on. Just sad.

Well I got my elk Monday late morning. Think someone bumped her up . 15 guys hunting this year ended up with 3 cows 1 bull and 2 mule deer. Alot of us did not get buck tags this year. Alot of the guys passed on animals early in the week looking for trophies. Not for me .my family and I are meat and potato. Going to try to post some pic's

Can't post pics says I am missing a security features

I usually post pics from another on-line server (I use photo-bucket) and never have a problem. I've not tried to post directly from my computer (not sure if you are either....), but the free photo-bucket site works well

ETA: congrat's on harvesting!!! A cow in the freezer is better than 2x 400pt bulls on inaccessible private land!

Here's some pics

Attachments

• 2015-10-24 11.09.12.jpg
    2015-10-24 11.09.12.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 2015-10-24 11.08.06.jpg
    2015-10-24 11.08.06.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 153
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.