Colorado Unit 74

Reynolds02

Just wondering if anyone hunts unit 74, we went last year and had good results even though the weather was very warm, anyone else hunt in the unit?

huh, well last year we went in the 2nd season and had a very good time. The weather was very warm but it was a great trip, we took a cow at 450 and a bull at 690. Saw a very nice 5*5 and set up for 5 hours but couldn't get a shot at him right at sunset.

This year we're going very close to the same place in the 3rd season. Really hope the snow doesn't get too deep. I am interested to hear if anyone has ideas of what the temps and snow will be. I know it really can't be known what will be but want to know what others generally gear for. This year taking out the 338 edge, last year didn't take it because we were told the long range shots wouldn't really be there. We scouted some places felt to be great opportunities but come November we'll really know... Any one else have success/experience with the season, tips would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Haven't hunted 74, but what I can tell you is for 3rd season, you need to be prepared for everything weather-wise. It could be 60 degrees and sunny or it could be 10 below and snowing sideways. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I have learned over the years that even if weather reports call for no snow or a ton of snow, they are very rarely correct. So even if you see a report before heading out, I would still plan for everything.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts