Cold feet??

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..
Just a thought is the stand you are in a sitting (which will cut off the circulation a little and allow your feet and lower legs to get cold). How long due you sit without moving. If you can stand and stretch out the muscles veins to improve circulation. If seated try getting one of the cushions that is used for wheel chairs to prevent skin ulcers to those people in them for extended time periods.

In a stand I take my boots off. Slip on my ice fishing Pacs.
Tight laces constrict your feet and they get cold.Thick wool socks with 1/2 inch of felt
in loose rubber boots. Pants over the top. Try it I'm not kidding!

Heater Body Suit is a good tool for sure.
For my feet i use a pair of booties that pull over my pac boots.
They have a small compartment in the top of the bootie (at the toe) where u can place a hand warmer.
Like JE Custom said, use the Hot Hands brand. They make what they call a body warmer. They are larger than the little hand warmers.
They lasts 18 hrs.
Drop a couple of those in the toe of the bootie, pull them over ur boots, climb into ur Heater Body Suit and sit all day in frigid temps.

Hunter in a tub.jpg

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..
Buy a pair of pure Alpaca wool socks....Google them you will find....nothing on the planet like them...but you might need to buy one size larger boots....the socks are just about 1/2 thick....or maybe......just wear the socks and no boots

I'll have to second or third the recommendation of putting antiperspirant on your feet. Wearing heavy insulated boots & wool socks,even when a moisture wicking pair of socks are used, makes your feet sweat. This sweat/moisture makes your feet cold while on stand and immobile.

Wear a light pair of socks walking to your stand and change into a dry heavier pair on stand. Add hand/foot warmers, boot covers, sleeping bags, etc as stated works to. The bottom line is your feet sweat while walking to the stand and the moisture robs your heat. Get rid of the moisture and your feet will be warmer especially in your case.

What I use to keep warm, is I put two thermacare heat wraps over each of my kidneys. That in turn warms my blood, and helps keep my feet warm. Remember not to wear tight socks, and lace loosely to promote good circulation.

Also, DeWalt has a vest that runs off 20v batteries. Has heat over your kidneys and stomach.

Just a comment from an old guy that also has poor circulation. When I was young, all of the things mentioned worked very good because they helped maintained the existing body heat from your circulation system. The problem now is POOR CIRCULATION so the body cant keep your feet at a constant temperature so an external heating system is needed for the extremity the farthest from the pump. Younger guys don't have this problem so what works for them won't necessarily work for us old guys.

I have found that with very little extra/added heat, these extremities can stay warm and the rest of the body can adjust to the added heat source. Any good sock and boot combination will work with a little help. As stated earlier. I carry a few of each type of hot hands in my hunting bag and they can be easily activated when needed and without any special needs. If my feet start getting cold I simply remove one boot at a time and stick the toe warmer to the bottom of the sock and put the boot back on. Then repeat the process with the other foot. Badda beam, badda boom. Within minutes, the feet start warming up. if I need more heat to stay warm I just open a couple of the bigger ones and place them in my coat pockets or in my pants pockets and remain warm for hours and hours.

J E CUSTOM

well the toe warmers I tried were worthless as a hill of beans..But I am still going out and build a fire if I need to..lol

Have you tried wax paper?

It will help keep your candy @ss from sticking to your panties! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.