Cold feet??

Downhill skiing wicking socks? They have a natural compression aspect going on as well. They work for me being in a bucket truck or a man basket way up in the air in the extreme cold, my boots are a few hundred gram insulated as well.

Back in post #37 I made a suggestion about spraying feet with anti-perspirant. A few comments came along re. using roll on anti-persipirant; it didn't work for me as there's no way I could spread my toes wide enough to cover them. Has to be aerosol to be as effective as possible. I used to use a pair of extra large thick ladies tights with the crotch cut out so the needs of nature could be met, those tights really kept the heat in.
My situation was a 3 mile hike along the sea wall till I came to "my" creek then mudhopping down there about another half mile till I came to where it ran into the sea.
Everything got warm during that hike including the dog who generally had steam rising from him allover.
When I got to my bend in my creek, I had to quickly put on my top clothes so I didn't start chilling down.
I can't remember being too cold anywheres including those times where the sea ice broke up and formed ledges ( we used to call it plic-plac) to hide against.
I used to feel great even on those nights when I didn't score and I never put on any weight no matter how much I ate. There was something visceral about being out under the moon when the sky had a film of cloud to silhouette the birds, if and when they came. As time went on, on the North Kent seamarshes, the amount of light pollution could sometimes be used to advantage on the nights when no full moon was due, but it didn't always work out right due to the wrong combination of tides.
Can't do it now with angina but my memories are out there.

I've been trying anti persperant on my feet for a couple weeks now. I have to say it works pretty good. Roll on better I think but spray easier. I started using foot powder with it again . Stopped using foot powder years ago. I still wear a liner sock and wool socks. I can go around 6 hrs at work before I notice feet getting a little damp instead of soaked in a half hour. :)

I've been trying anti persperant on my feet for a couple weeks now. I have to say it works pretty good. Roll on better I think but spray easier. I started using foot powder with it again . Stopped using foot powder years ago. I still wear a liner sock and wool socks. I can go around 6 hrs at work before I notice feet getting a little damp instead of soaked in a half hour. :)
That's what I do, the thin moisture wicking liner sock coupled with a good wool sock and anti perspirant is the only way that helps my feet stay dry. No moisture equals warmer feet every time. I use the unscented kind by wildlife Research, Dead Down Wind, etc.

I have to do and wear every day for work. Sucks !
I have diabetes. I have a 5 item list for warm feet:
1. Make sure what you are standing on is insulated. Felt with carpet on top works great and is cheap.
2. If you hike in an get sweaty feet...change your socks.
3. Wear a thin wicking sock under a wool sock, with room for air in your boot.
4. Get a super warm hat like a fur Mad Bomber Hat.
5. Keep you legs warm with extra clothing, a sleeping bag, heat chem packs or the like, and sit in a way that does not cut off your leg circulation, shifting position frequently.
Do these and you'll either have warm feet or cut your cold feet issue down to almost nothing.

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..

Cold feet are my weakest link, best options for me are #1 Ice Breaker brand Boot Blankets and #2 Pac-Boots with the thick felt liners. I prefer the BB's for transportation reasons.

I use non-insulated, non water proof, breathable duty boots with wool socks. Gortex and high insulation values make my feet sweat, then they get cold, I like my boots to breath, the air (even if it's cold) help keep my feet dry. Dry = warm.

Cold feet are my weakest link, best options for me are #1 Ice Breaker brand Boot Blankets and #2 Pac-Boots with the thick felt liners. I prefer the BB's for transportation reasons.

I use non-insulated, non water proof, breathable duty boots with wool socks. Gortex and high insulation values make my feet sweat, then they get cold, I like my boots to breath, the air (even if it's cold) help keep my feet dry. Dry = warm.

sounds good..thanks for the valued info..

OK I'm repeating a lot of good info but its what works for me and I been diabetic for 22 years. I wear a lightweight pair of socks followed by a heavyweight pair of Wigwam wool ice fishing socks. Boots are Lacrosse alpha burleys in 1500 gr insulation (anything heavier gets too stiff for me and hurts my feet) I use the overboots that zip up the side and cover the lower part of the boots. Now the last thing I discovered by accident, I always carry a thin foam (1") hunting seat for under my feet on treestand steel or alumn. as well as on the ground. Another under my butt, shot my deer at 8 degrees this year and just above zero last season. Gets real cold up here by mid season and you can hear the trees a poppin' around you. The above set-up is good for 2 1/2 hours for me and I do use a muff handwarmer with 2 handwarmers also. Good hunting and keep the carbs low Dave

6 years ago my daughter gave me a pair of the Ice Breaker boot blankets. Not only to they work they are my good luck charm. 5 of those years I got a buck. And I don't think I was in the stand long enough to get cold. I hope the lucky streak continues.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.