Close to tears this year, folks...

@1894C how bad was it the second time? I got it at work. We had two guys at my job die from it. Both ~60, overweight, diabetes, high BP. I just got cleared Friday (10/30) by the doctor to come back to work. My wife has it too. She's still got a low grade fever and is achy. I only had loss of smell and achy for 2 days. Both my boys had it, but you would never know lol.

We are 32, thin, very active. Boys are 3 and 1.5. So maybe that's why it wasn't bad? For Halloween, my wife turned their tree house into a "haunted house" and we hid candy around the yard like a Halloween Easter egg hunt. They wore costumes and had fun.

And so everyone knows, I think the biggest disservice to American society is our 24 hour news cycle and social media. We are the most self hating, cynical country ever thanks to the news. You would think this was a third world country going off the news.
I am 24 and Have won the trophy for the best in shape in my SO department 4 years running. Sub 7 min miles, pull ups for days, 6'1 201 lbs. The better half is 22 also in great shape she swims every morning and works out with me in the evenings. Both of us have gone though two rounds. The first time I tested positive I felt as if I had the flu. A couple days there I thought it was pretty rough. 100-101 temperature, chills, fatigue all that. I had all the symptoms except the wheezing and shortness of breath. My fiancé had no symptoms at all. Second go round I had no symptoms at all, she had a stuffy nose and sore throat which very well could have just been fall allergies. At this point I am only worried about spreading the virus to someone that has severe pre existing conditions or Grand parents etc.

I am 24 and Have won the trophy for the best in shape in my SO department
Awesome, brother! I'm currently in the best shape of my life at 46 yoa. Weighing in at 180 lbs, 10% body-fat and all my lab-work is "in the green". I recently had a Covid Anti-Body screen come back negative....seems I haven't come into contact with it yet.....which seems very strange considering how many people I have to 'interact' with during an 8-hour shift. 🤔 I'm glad you and yours were able to beat it!

Awesome, brother! I'm currently in the best shape of my life at 46 yoa. Weighing in at 180 lbs, 10% body-fat and all my lab-work is "in the green". I recently had a Covid Anti-Body screen come back negative....seems I haven't come into contact with it yet.....which seems very strange considering how many people I have to 'interact' with during an 8-hour shift. 🤔 I'm glad you and yours were able to beat it!
Pretty sure my first exposure came from transporting a subject from a neighboring county to us. The following morning he tested positive and I had laid hands on him. About a week later, I came down with it. The next day the fiancé. In our case nothing to be afraid of like the news says. Hopefully you'll remain negative for the virus. Best wishes

We as a country were doomed from the start of this. It's not in our basic nature to care enough about strangers to actually change the way we do things. The purpose of wearing a mask isn't to protect yourself but rather to protect the people around you in case you unknowingly have it. Basically, you protect me and I protect you. The concept of this is completely foreign to us in this country.

For all those who have had it, regardless of how healthy you think you are, you now have a preexisting condition. No one wants to talk about the long term effects. Covid can damage your circulatory, respiratory, and nervous system regardless of how bad your symptoms were. They have run tests on people who were asymptomatic and found lung damage. People are going to be suffering from this for decades.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.