Close to tears this year, folks...

Here in our neighborhood, no tears, just trying to do their best to have fun and it was nice to take my grandson Nate out for a great time. He was tickled out how much candy he got.

Media hypes cases to scare everyone in to become sheep.

They DON"T report that nobody is dying

"Nobody?" I try not to write in absolutist terms myself but that's just me.
My grandfather in switz who had been battling cancer for several years and was doing well after chemo, died last Sunday after being infected by a hacking couple that came over to play cards. Several other family members are now infected. I agree that media as well as many many other companies do whatever it is, to make money but you simply cannot politicize one of God's bugs. Well you can, but it makes zero sense. I pray to God everyone stays healthy out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in our neighborhood, no tears, just trying to do their best to have fun and it was nice to take my grandson Nate out for a great time. He was tickled out how much candy he got.
That's Awesome! I guess it was sad for me because I knew my daughter could see that Halloween this year was vastly different compared to previous outings, but she said nothing and was happy nonetheless. I don't know...maybe I'm just an overly emotional/sensitive Daddy. 😇

Looks like there have been scattered reports of people being re-infected possibly due to the different strains of this crazy virus. Who knows...🤔

Why hold out for a vaccine?..the reason everyone should go about their business, and look toward immunotherapies instead of vaccinations. Herd immunity and immunotherapies are the ways to control these types of viruses...hey but what do I know--I've just been working in vector born disease for 25 years.

@1894C how bad was it the second time? I got it at work. We had two guys at my job die from it. Both ~60, overweight, diabetes, high BP. I just got cleared Friday (10/30) by the doctor to come back to work. My wife has it too. She's still got a low grade fever and is achy. I only had loss of smell and achy for 2 days. Both my boys had it, but you would never know lol.

We are 32, thin, very active. Boys are 3 and 1.5. So maybe that's why it wasn't bad? For Halloween, my wife turned their tree house into a "haunted house" and we hid candy around the yard like a Halloween Easter egg hunt. They wore costumes and had fun.

And so everyone knows, I think the biggest disservice to American society is our 24 hour news cycle and social media. We are the most self hating, cynical country ever thanks to the news. You would think this was a third world country going off the news.

@1894C how bad was it the second time? I got it at work. We had two guys at my job die from it. Both ~60, overweight, diabetes, high BP. I just got cleared Friday (10/30) by the doctor to come back to work. My wife has it too. She's still got a low grade fever and is achy. I only had loss of smell and achy for 2 days. Both my boys had it, but you would never know lol.

We are 32, thin, very active. Boys are 3 and 1.5. So maybe that's why it wasn't bad? For Halloween, my wife turned their tree house into a "haunted house" and we hid candy around the yard like a Halloween Easter egg hunt. They wore costumes and had fun.

And so everyone knows, I think the biggest disservice to American society is our 24 hour news cycle and social media. We are the most self hating, cynical country ever thanks to the news. You would think this was a third world country going off the news.

Awesome what your wife did for your kids, pretry cool.

Sorry for the loss of your ccoworkers. Glad to hear your family is getting over it.

Stay safe

@1894C

Amen Brother! What you said are my thoughts exactly. I couldn't put it into words as well as you did.
The media is all about stirring up hate & discontent, dividing America for political gain. They are obsessed with tearing open wounds that has healed and are healing. They are manufacturing news in order to steer the thoughts of the general public in a direction that benefits their agendas. They are no longer news reporters, they are now news manufacturers.

Amen Brother! What you said are my thoughts exactly. I couldn't put it into words as well as you did.
The media is all about stirring up hate & discontent, dividing America for political gain. They are obsessed with tearing open wounds that has healed and are healing. They are manufacturing news in order to steer the thoughts of the general public in a direction that benefits their agendas. They are no longer news reporters, they are now news manufacturers.
As Trump has said repeatedly; "see the media out there, they are the enemy of the people." IMO, it is the media that fans the flames of racism and amplifies issues in a way that incites people to react in a way that they normally wouldn't.

RE: Halloween - My wife and I were not home but candy was put out for our usual trick-ot-treaters. When we got home in the evening I checked the security camera to see how many kids came by. Exactly one older kid came by at 9pm and helped himself to most of the candy. :)

We had one great "trick or treater" come to our door.

IMG_0881.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.