Climbing tree stands? Whats good?

smallbutfierce

I am looking at getting a climbing tree stand since I am hunting on public land this year and can't put up a real one. Plus I am hunting about 4 different locations depending on conditions/sign and would like the option to set up on the fly. What are you guys using, and what should I look for in a rifle hunting stand? Price is somewhat of a consideration, but I would rather pay than break my neck or scare everything off while setting it up.

thanks

Go American Made and buy a LONE WOLF, you won't be sorry! They are about the last treestands not made in China. They now hae a rifle rest for their climbers.

I am on my 2nd summit 180 and I love it.The 1st one was stolen.As far as lone wolf they are way over priced.And not as comfortable as a summit.I laugh at my friend who bought one and now wants my summit.

I am on my 2nd summit 180 and I love it.The 1st one was stolen.As far as lone wolf they are way over priced.And not as comfortable as a summit.I laugh at my friend who bought one and now wants my summit.

As far as overpriced, just depends if you want to pay USA workers or Chinese workers. I'll pay the US workers every chance I get.

I've got a lone wolf and love it .I don't have the one with the deluxe seat . the one I have is light , folds flat , feels solid while in the tree , and comfortable enough for me to be in it all day . I use it archery and rifle seasons . Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.