What state for big deer and good seasons?

Here in West Virginia the whitetail rifle hunt is just at the end of the rut in most years some years you catch them still in rut. There are some big deer taken every year here too. I usually get a chance at a 8 point every year.

Indiana has some really nice bucks and rates top 6-7th state, consistently. Season runs from October 1- January 6th for archery and a 3 weekend, two week rifle season, same for muzzleloader.

West Virginia has big deer in some counties. I hunt in state forest property and every year a buck comes out of the hollow I hunt in that goes between 130 and 150 inches. I just wish I could get enough people to hunt with me and sit in the four stands I have hung.

West Virginia has big deer in some counties. I hunt in state forest property and every year a buck comes out of the hollow I hunt in that goes between 130 and 150 inches. I just wish I could get enough people to hunt with me and sit in the four stands I have hung.
lol. pm me next year, I'll be there!

It's strange but our place in WV is split between Roan and Calhoun counties. East of Spencer off 33.
and we have plenty of deer. But they are a lot smaller than the deer by my house in Kentucky? It's not that far really but the food base really changes!

Last edited:
There was 140 class 10 point killed about 50 yards from one of my stands this year. We also see some nice bears every year and bear season is in during deer rifle season.

I have hunted two different farms in Roane County one in Walton and one in Amma. The one in Amma I killed a few good deer but never did get a bid deer in Walton although I did see a few. I live right on the border of Kanawhs State Forest and there are some bruisers around here. But the population isn't as high around as it is in most places.

Screenshot_20200114-182659_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200114-182659_Gallery.jpg