Chronographs

I use a first gen Magnetospeed and it has never missed a shot. It does change POI like Rick said but no big deal for me, especially when considering the cost difference between it and the Lab. The MS is compact and very easy to set up. I wonder if the velocity difference difference that Rosebud was talking about could be because the MS is measuring at the muzzle and the Chrony is measuring a few feet from the muzzle. Just a thought.

I use a first gen Magnetospeed and it has never missed a shot. It does change POI like Rick said but no big deal for me, especially when considering the cost difference between it and the Lab. The MS is compact and very easy to set up. I wonder if the velocity difference difference that Rosebud was talking about could be because the MS is measuring at the muzzle and the Chrony is measuring a few feet from the muzzle. Just a thought.
Possibly, its setting 15 feet away.

I had a Oehler 35P for the longest time. It worked great but was always a PITA to set up, especially when others are using the range at the same time. Life changed when I got my LabRadar. Initially, I had all of the problems that you hear about but it was mostly just me learning how to set up the programable variables. After that, I figured out exactly where to place the unit with regard to the muzzle position. Brakes do present an issue but can easily be adjusted for once you know your unit.

Now, a year later and I almost never miss a shot or have an issue. My unit is Bluetooth capable, and I have the app on my Iphone but I don't use it anyway. I also have an inertia trigger, but I don't use that either. The unit is easy to carry and just works great. You just have to bite the bullet initially because it will cost you about $800 with the few accessories that you'll need.