Chronographs

Hey all,
Any chronograph recommendations? Not trying to drop $1000 on a Labradar, but looking for something that is accurate and does the job. I want something that does not have to attach to my rifle. I had the magneto speed but I don't like it.
Thanks
Was shooting at range the other day and two people had magneto speeds that were mounted on an aftermarket bayonet. they both said its the best set up and they've used it for two years! Highly accurate and only missed on 4 shots in the 2 years they have used it.

I have a Caldwell shoot through and it serms to give accurate data. Using the velocities it reports, both my AB and Hornady 4DOF give accurate holdovers out to 1000 yards (furthest I have shot). My buddy has a LabRadar he was give by a friend he hand loads for. He had a Caldwell also but shot it 🤣.

The Caldwell is definitely more of a pain to use compared to the LabRadar, and can be shot if not careful, but at $130 is significantly less expensive. It is a pain at public ranges to set up. I mostly shoot at a private range so have control over the firing line.

I've been pretty lucky with the old ProChrono for years. It finally quit and I bought another. The new one has the bluetooth built in. I never had any issues with my directional muzzle brake on my 300 RUM, with it set up 1 foot in front of the muzzle. I forgot one time, and shot my buddies unbraked 300 WM like that, and blew the screen out of the front.
I got the lexan dust cover for the new one. So far, no issues!

I got this for my magnetospeed
Works well and can still shoot for accuracy
i already have pic rails on my rifles fir bipod attachment.

I am as much of an equipment snob as there is; I love LabRadar but honestly, if a Caldwell gets you in the ballpark, that is good enough. Practice at LR is what allows you to hit (and learn just how good the load really is).

Save your money for an A&D scale and an AMP.

I'm sending my MS V3 back after using it for a week, finicky and huge effect on POI. It actually made me miss my old Caldwell