Chronographs

I had a Oehler 35P for the longest time. It worked great but was always a PITA to set up, especially when others are using the range at the same time. Life changed when I got my LabRadar. Initially, I had all of the problems that you hear about but it was mostly just me learning how to set up the programable variables. After that, I figured out exactly where to place the unit with regard to the muzzle position. Brakes do present an issue but can easily be adjusted for once you know your unit.

Now, a year later and I almost never miss a shot or have an issue. My unit is Bluetooth capable, and I have the app on my Iphone but I don't use it anyway. I also have an inertia trigger, but I don't use that either. The unit is easy to carry and just works great. You just have to bite the bullet initially because it will cost you about $800 with the few accessories that you'll need.

I,ve owned several...... chrony,pro chrono,....cheaper ...had a guy shoot mine once...
cheaper ones are not accurate.....
like varmint hunter used an Ohler 35p for years.... seldom get it out....
magneto speeds are handy.... got one....
Labradar is the tits..... accurate....loads of info.....

Good morning! Anybody use a chronograph for load development? Which one do you use? What do you like/dislike about it?
Hello,

I am using a Magnetospeed Sporter. I have used it alongside the lab radar and have found that it was within 5fps difference.It is a great cheaper option. I think honestly the best route to go is the lab radar because there is more data you can receive off of it and it doesn't mess with your bullet flight.

One huge advantage of the LabRadar is that you can set it up when practicing LR; once in a while I hit higher or lower than expected and more often than not, the velocity is higher or lower. I have noticed that certain cases will be consistent velocity flyers.

The issues I've had, have been mild and easily fixable or preventable.....Eats batteries like candy....USB connection issues.

Still the best bang for your buck IMO.

The issues I've had, have been mild and easily fixable or preventable.....Eats batteries like candy....USB connection issues.

Still the best bang for your buck IMO.

I've been using the magnetic charging lines and connectors on my LabRadar for a few months. They work great. I've also got a few cell phones and other rechargeable items all hooked up with magnetic cables. The cables with the swivel and/or 90 deg terminals are the most convenient.

I've been using the magnetic charging lines and connectors on my LabRadar for a few months. They work great. I've also got a few cell phones and other rechargeable items all hooked up with magnetic cables. The cables with the swivel and/or 90 deg terminals are the most convenient.

I need to head that direction shortly....I'm down to one cable that works with my Labradar and the external battery pack. 🥴
🥴

Did you get them from Amazon? P/N?

Did you get them from Amazon? P/N?
This is the set I bought. There are many others with different length cables and various fittings.

540° Rotation Magnetic Charging Cable, 3 in 1 Magnetic Phone Charger [4-Pack, 3ft/3ft/6ft/10ft] Magnetic 3A Fast Charging Cable & Data Transfer Magnetic Charger for iPhone/Micro USB/Type C Device-Red