Chronographs

I've been using the magnetic charging lines and connectors on my LabRadar for a few months. They work great. I've also got a few cell phones and other rechargeable items all hooked up with magnetic cables. The cables with the swivel and/or 90 deg terminals are the most convenient.
When you purchased your LabRadar what came with it?
What did you buy over and above the "standard issue"?
Stands, battery pack, cables, etc. thanks

When you purchased your LabRadar what came with it?
What did you buy over and above the "standard issue"?
Stands, battery pack, cables, etc. thanks
With the LabRadar, I bought an external battery, a hard case (Harbor Freight) and a mini tri-pod. Later on, I bought the inertia trigger, but don't use it. Most recently, I bought magnetic power cables so I don't have to repeatedly insert and remove the micro power cable.

With the LabRadar, I bought an external battery, a hard case (Harbor Freight) and a mini tri-pod. Later on, I bought the inertia trigger, but don't use it. Most recently, I bought magnetic power cables so I don't have to repeatedly insert and remove the micro power cable.

I gave up, what is a magnetic power cable you use on your Labradar?

I just bought a Labradar from Scheels... Probably won't get to use it for a while, but definitely looking forward to it. I also have a Magnetospeed V3 that works great, but wanted to try out something different. Will be nice to shoot groups and get chrono data without worrying about POI shifts from the magneto.

I've used the Magnetospeed for 2 years. I bought the Sporter and the bayonet died at about 1-1/2 yrs. Found the advance model in a pawn shop for $75 and it hasn't missed a beat. As stated poi moves significantly. I typically build a 10 round ladder, shoot it for speed only then come back the next day with the promising loads to try for accuracy. It slips in my back pack so it's always there when I run out to the range. Bullet speedometers are a must for load development.

For hunting, I use the bullets muzzle velocity to determine my effective range, that is "where" the bullets terminal performance falls off.
1) speed check the round
2) plug it into the ballistics calculator
3) see what range the bullet drops below 2000fps.. that's my distance limit for quality game on that round.

I have a Magnetospeed, cheapest one. Works good but data management is one button convoluted. I record data on notebook with ball point pen & perform number stuff & record keeping on Apache spread sheet. I wish it had a USB port. Point of impact are usually higher. Wrapping a 1/2 inch wide strip of duct tape on muzzle helps to secure bayonet. Good deal, much improvement over down range tripod mounted chrony with sunscreens.

I have used a Caldwell last couple of years for both bow and gun, about 175.00 from cabelas seems to do everything I need it to do.

I have a Magnetospeed, cheapest one. Works good but data management is one button convoluted. I record data on notebook with ball point pen & perform number stuff & record keeping on Apache spread sheet. I wish it had a USB port. Point of impact are usually higher. Wrapping a 1/2 inch wide strip of duct tape on muzzle helps to secure bayonet. Good deal, much improvement over down range tripod mounted chrony with sunscreens.
What he said, ^^^^^^ I have the V3 it works great for my setup. Your using it for fps, not to site your rifle. 😉