Chrono Help

Randy Dunn

I am wanting to buy a chronograph, at this point it looks like an Ohler, Pact, or CED. I don't need bells and whistles, what I really want is something that is accurate and dependable. I see the Pact and CED have IR screens available, how low does the light have to be before the IR stuff is needed. Also, where is a good place to purchase a chronograph? I can not find a web site for Ohler. Thanks for any info.

I have the CED and have been very happy. The IR screens not only guarantee the thing to work everytime but will also add consistancy. If your shooting under them all the time, your velocities won't vary b/c of lighting conditions.

Thanks Everyone for the info. That's to bad about the 35P, I checked out the price on the 43...****!! I was wondering why Midway was selling alot of parts for the Ohler but did not list the chronograph. Decisions, decisions?? From the sounds of it most people are happy with the CED and the IR screens.

Varmint Hunter,
Thanks for the offer on the Beta, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.