Christmas coyote 195 Berger

I woke up early this morning with a little egg nog grog to my dog barking excitedly, she never barks so I got up quick and went out for a look in my skivies.

A coyote was trotting by on my property, I realized I didn't have any rounds loaded up for my 7wsm cuz I just cycled through my brass.

I ran to my loading bench and speed loaded two rounds with 195 bergers, its an interesting experience if you've never done it..

I got some clothes on and made it out about 5 minutes later.
To my surprise that coyote was still around and drawing my dog out, I think it was playing the decoy trick there was heavy timber behind her and likely more yotes.

I took a super easy 200 yard shot, and that 195 absolutely slammed her.
Here's the coyote with my little elf helper
View attachment 236151

And a nice exit wound for such a light target
View attachment 236152
You sure you didn't take it out of the LEG TRAP before the picture! Lol. Hmmmmm...what are going to do if someone breaks in to your home....ask him to sit down and pour him a hot coffee....while you quickly run down stairs and make a bullet for him? And don't forget to holler upstairs and ask if he's got help coming....just incase you have to make TWO!

I woke up early this morning with a little egg nog grog to my dog barking excitedly, she never barks so I got up quick and went out for a look in my skivies.

A coyote was trotting by on my property, I realized I didn't have any rounds loaded up for my 7wsm cuz I just cycled through my brass.

I ran to my loading bench and speed loaded two rounds with 195 bergers, its an interesting experience if you've never done it..

To my surprise that coyote was still around and drawing my dog out, I think it was playing the decoy trick there was heavy timber behind her and likely more yotes.

View attachment 236151

View attachment 236152
Did you scold that beautiful dog for waking you up early? Beautiful dog, and the coyote ain't so bad either.

Nice to see that the 7 wizzum still finds favor. A couple days ago. 175 yards and a 175 ELDX...a bit over gunned even for a big bobcat.

Attachments

• BD7FF6E5-434B-40F2-9508-A5EDD73E2D30.jpeg
    BD7FF6E5-434B-40F2-9508-A5EDD73E2D30.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 109BCB65-345F-4193-ABE3-AE1773D10F30.jpeg
    109BCB65-345F-4193-ABE3-AE1773D10F30.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128

View attachment 236151

View attachment 236152
Thats great. It sounds exactly like a situation I would get into. A couple of years ago, I was shooting a 270 WSM at a 300 yard steel target and had 3 shots touching. I went into the house, got my son and told him to come look at the target through the scope. He looked through the scope and said "wait a minute.... there's three deer standing behind the target". I didn't have any more 270 wsm rounds loaded. I ran in the house and got another rifle and ended up getting one of the deer. This was within about 10 minutes after banging that steel target with 3 rounds.

Me and my son were sitting on the ground when I was sighting in his first deer rifle and had a buck chase a doe from right to left between us and the 100 yard target. We couldn't get a shot but it was the most random event I've had happen in my hunting & shooting experiences. They were right in front of us before we knew it.

View attachment 236151

View attachment 236152
WOw! You can drive a truck through that hole....LOL
Nice work.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.