Choosing a new scope for my new rifle

Orange Dust

My thread on this was deleted when LRH had server problems a few days ago. Just wanted to send a note and a thank you to everyone who responded. I ended up choosing a Kahles K525i. Resolution was what sold it to me in a very unscientific test, but it was the best I could do in a store. The back wall was exactly 50yds. The items on the back wall all have little price stickers on them in a smeared font about 1/8" tall. That was the target. Compared the 525i with pretty much everything in the $3-4k range except SB, which they didn't have. The Kahles was the only one that I could clearly read the prices with, and it wasn't even close. Everyone's eyes are different. I could even find the finishing nails in the wooden back wall covered with putty with the Kahles. I know, very unscientific, but the best I could come up with. So, thanks everyone, I think I will be happy with it. If not, someone here will get a deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.