Check out this mistake

Rilow

Don't anneal a primed case

Attachments

• 50792D99-17CE-44D5-9A22-C0CDEE211CE7.jpeg
    50792D99-17CE-44D5-9A22-C0CDEE211CE7.jpeg
    863.6 KB · Views: 1,016
When I anneal, I drop the hot cartridge into a small metal pan. All of them are first deprimed. I missed one that had a live primer in it. When I dropped it in the pan, I guess it hit an adjacent hot neck, and went bang. The primer nailed me near my elbow, and then went to the floor. It hurt for few days. Now I check all of em before I begin annealing.

Now I check all of em before I begin annealing.

Wow, not only do you have have to check every case before annealing but I think you better re check you whole reloading area, process & storage area.

If I have partially processed & primed cases then they go in the same place with live ammo......................because they are live!

I think you should buy yourself a lottery ticket ;)

It took a lot of courage to show your mistake & I congratulate you on that.

We all need to be vigilant within our whole process & surroundings.

Last edited:
When I anneal, I drop the hot cartridge into a small metal pan. All of them are first deprimed. I missed one that had a live primer in it. When I dropped it in the pan, I guess it hit an adjacent hot neck, and went bang. The primer nailed me near my elbow, and then went to the floor. It hurt for few days. Now I check all of em before I begin annealing.
Guess I'm not the only one that's done that. Good thing hit you in elbow n not an eye

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.