Check out this 100 yard 6 arrow group.

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
I was out the other day shooting 100 yards with my target setup and shot several good groups. This group was not my tightest group but the only one of which all 6 arrows were in or at least touching the plate.

504541-big.JPG

504542-big.JPG

I hadn't heard of you for a while, now I know what you've been up to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't heard of you for a while, now I know what you've been up to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I havent shot a rifle since mid December. I have been getting back into competetive archery. I have done several local events this year which include a first place, second place and 5th place. I took 42nd in my first national championship /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif but have made several improvments since then and have learned a whole lot more about shooting under pressure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

meichele,

Congratulations. Your archery shooting is very impresive!
Good luck in whatever upcoming events.

WOW!!! So I guess it is possible to hit a plate further than 25 yards with a bow!!! (sarcasm laid on thick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Seriously, that is awsome. It sure does make targets and deer at more "conventional" ranges seem like they are right in you lap.

Good luck with your competitions. Great shooting!

equipment??

What was your setup? I am looking to get new sites and rest, hunting style though. It's always good to see what's working for others. Great shooting.

This is my target set up. It is an 07 Bowtech Tribute at 55#, 28" DL, DS target sight, 24" stabilizer, V-bars and Carbon Express NANO 630 arrows. ($300.00 dozen) Also was using a 4X lense and peep clarifier.

I actually was on track to shoot a better group the other day and after I saw how tight the first 5 had been I choked on the sixth. The first 5 were in a sub 2" group. The 6th arrow I choked on so bad I missed the group by 8".

that is an awsome group and to be able to do it consistantly is the key.
Meichele , What kind of vanes are those , they look like the little Blazers?. I haven't shot in any formal comps (3D) since just after highschool and never in the open or unlimited class always just hunter.
So are you shooting 3D or field?

Did you get achance to shoot the Bowtech Guardian before you bought the Tribute? I have shot one several times and love it , super smooth and no shock or jump to speak of just a little thump sound.

I've shot some groups at 100yds or should I say paterns around the 12" range. shooting at 100yds with a bow then at 50 is like shooting 1000 with a gun then 500.
I have an HHA site that i have marked to 100yds but have never shot at any critters more than about 50.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.