Charged by a sow black bear yesterday............

Pretty exciting alright!!! I am really glad I got to experience this little episode. Not many people get to see something like this. Just really glad & lucky that my dogs, my friend & I, the cubs and mother never got harmed. Don't got no better than that!
Thanks for your response, Kirk

Wow, very cool experience. So true that when you spend enough time in the woods you get to see some really cool stuff. Glad that all came out unscathed, i'm impressed with your patience to not touch of the shot in that situation.

I've had a lot of close encounters with black bears, but never an aggressive one. Just same place at the same time. Sometimes they're curious sometimes they just turn and run. I hope that continues. :D

Fall bear starts for me with the first rifle season on Oct 10th. I saw a bear last year several times last year during archery and rifle season that's a huge belly dragged just couldn't connect. Hopefully this year.
God luck on your hunt!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.