Changing a 7MM RUM?

I say .300 Winchester or 7mm Rem Mag just because of the vast amounts of ammo and components out there for them. If you go out West and forget to grab your shells, any place that sells ammunition will have .300 WIN or 7mm RM. Less common cartridges like .300 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm STW, and 28 Nosler are all good big game rounds, but the possibility of finding ammo for them, in a pinch, will be difficult. When you do begin to start reloading, brass and data for both the .300WM and 7mm Remington Mag can be found easily and brass is cheaper for them compared to some of the other magnums.

I personally go with a 7-300win mag since I reload a lot. I think it's a nice wildcat round. If not reloading I would go with a 300wm. I have seen these rounds every where and usually in 180 grn offering. Hard to beat and it offers good barrel life. With the little extra mag length that you have you can get some of the long bullets seated out well if you reload.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.