change stock

avon7

Hi i'm a noob here but have a few Tac15i questions.

First will any AR15 or M4 type aftermarket stock fit onto my Tac15i ? Does it use the same buffer tube setup as an AR-15

Second, My Tac15i strips fletches big time, virtually every shot. Does this mean it needs paper tuning or is there some other issue.

Finally, does anyone recommend any mechanical broad-heads for this crossbow ? What about fixed two bladed broad-heads for dangerous game? Is there any chance they will shoot ok too ?

Cheers..

Re: change stock/mechanicalbroadheads

I've used Nap's spitfire in 100gr.They fly extremly well,hit where my field points hit out to 90yards.I've shot 8 whitetails with them and my Tac15,out to 40yards.Best way to describe their performance is amazing!I border michigan where crossbows are legal for everyone,many friends and coworkers are using them also with excellent results to say the least.Dunhams have the best deal selling 4pacs for the price of 3pacs.

I highly recommend Rocket Steelhead XL 100gr Mechanical broadheads.
They have resulted in the demise of 60 deer in the last two years. :rolleyes:

Use two O-rings with the Tac15 and you're golden.

I have the same question about the stock.
I find it annoyingly rattly, but I can't say that it has cost me a deer.

Regarding the stock,

The tac is delivered with a commercial spec buffer 'tube' that is from an electric airsoft gun.

You can replace it with an A2 buffer tube and fit any fixed stock to it (I used the airsoft version of Magpuls PRS (PTS)- its perfect for crossbow, half the price of mil spec one and I can not really tell the difference) or an A3 tube to suit collapsible stocks (I also have a Magpul PTS version of the ACS, very comfortable)

So far I have used Colt, Brownells and UTG (leapers) tubes with success.

Regarding your fletchings - Make sure there's a good dab of glue at the front edge.

The fletchings seem to come off due to the Whiskere Biscuit. You can upgrade to the QAD Drop-Away Rest and eliminate the problem.

The first couple of batches of arrows I got from PSE didn't have the dab of glue, and had some trouble.
The last couple of batches had the dab of glue and in general the fletching job seems much better.
No problems with later batches.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.