longer stock for my TAC 15i

holmzee

I am having trouble with eye relief and would like to extend my shoulder stock..is there a longer extension tube or butt stock I can get?

holmzee, changing out the buttstock is very simple, and most AR15 replacement buttstocks will fit. I was having the same problem and switched mine out with one made by ATI. It was a little longer, has a rubber butt pad, a sling attachment stud, and is very tight on the tube, so now there is no rattle. and the eye relief is much better with out having to move the scope too far forward.

Twanger, I have a Magpul PRS that I want to put on my new Elite. I can get the castle nut off but I can't figure out how to get the plate off. Any advice would be appreciated . Thanks

That's odd. On my two AR's that plate just falls off when you unscrew the castle nut.
I'm at a loss. You say it's stuck on the PRS, or on the Elite?
Did you try popping it off with the edge of a knife?

Twanger, thanks for the quick response. The plate is on the Elite. I was under the impression that the plate should just "fall" off as well. I'm such a klutz that I was afraid to do anything to it w/o asking advice. When I get home I'll gently try prying. I really hope this works because I need the adjustable comb to get a good cheek weld. Thanks again. On another note, where are you in the state of Md. I'm just outside Georgetown, in Sussex County, De

Twanger, thanks for the assist. Just a little prying with a small screwdriver. PRS completely installed. Got some Aero Bolt II inbound as well as a spyderweb target. Found out that my old block was no match for 405 fps. thanks again

I am having trouble with eye relief and would like to extend my shoulder stock..is there a longer extension tube or butt stock I can get?
I just added 2" to my tac 15 I stock for little $ and was easy.
I took a piece of 1" 1/8 deck board then scribed the stock end and cut
with a sabre saw then drill pilot holes on each side of the stock butt.
then attach the wood to the stock end and screw . Then use a 3/4 " board
and cut identical to the thicker material and screw it from the back into
the 1" 1/8 material then sand with palm sander toll smooth and pain to match.
I have long arms so you can use thinner material if needed.
It made a huge difference and is much more easy to shoot. The stock is way to
short from the factory and this was a pretty easy and didn't cost much.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.