Chamber Length?

I started a new thread after WV Sendero peaked my interest. I could have slid this into his thread but I did not want to JUMP it. I have a factory barreled/chambered Sendero SFII in 7mm Remington Mag. The gun shoots great and have found several "very good" reloads for this rifle. I have noticed however that after a range session of 15 -20 rounds (over several hours) I get a somewhat sticky bolt. Also the brass is heavily carboned on the neck.
I ran with WV Sendero's question and ordered a chamber length gauge from Sinclair and found that my rifles chamber case OAL is 2.560. Suspecting that a carbon ring could be to blame for the sticky bolt.

Now for the question? has anyone else measured their Chamber Length for a 7mm Mag. Seems very strange that most factory ammo IME is near 2.500 or 2.490 (case length) which is published trim to length. 2.560 seems pretty long.

Interesting. Now there is something else that I feel compelled to buy.
I purchased one in .30 cal to try a few years ago that I stopped using. "I" prefer referencing off the lands, and I have a tracking log to monitor it.

If you have not seen it, here's a free (almost) technique instead of a modified case.

You can fast-forward it to the ~6 min mark if you do not want to see his intro/baseline comparison.

I started a new thread after WV Sendero peaked my interest. I could have slid this into his thread but I did not want to JUMP it. I have a factory barreled/chambered Sendero SFII in 7mm Remington Mag. The gun shoots great and have found several "very good" reloads for this rifle. I have noticed however that after a range session of 15 -20 rounds (over several hours) I get a somewhat sticky bolt. Also the brass is heavily carboned on the neck.
I ran with WV Sendero's question and ordered a chamber length gauge from Sinclair and found that my rifles chamber case OAL is 2.560. Suspecting that a carbon ring could be to blame for the sticky bolt.

Now for the question? has anyone else measured their Chamber Length for a 7mm Mag. Seems very strange that most factory ammo IME is near 2.500 or 2.490 (case length) which is published trim to length. 2.560 seems pretty long.
I see chamber length vs case trim length to be on 2 different planets. I have sinclair gauges and as a general rule you skip case trim length on most anything. Clearly that is not a good practice but I'm just illustrating a point.

I have those Sinclair chamber length gauges for all my calibers. They are inexpensive and I use it with ever new barrel / chambering once to log each particular rifles chamber length and set my brass trim length based on this. I've not done it (because I have a bore scope) but I would think you could use it to help detect a carbon ring as well (chamber length measurement would start to show decreases in length).