Cfe-9 question

cohunt

Looking at the cfe-9 internal box and had questions.

Can it be used in a blind mag adl set up? What bdl style bottom metal options are available for this? I see ptg offers bottom metal that says it works with the cfe9, will the wyatts obendorf bottom metal work too? I'm assuming factory bdl metal won't work, but I could be wrong...the descriptions on the various web pages all seem to be lacking details. Does the ptg just require "fitting"? Or is it more like full inletting like with the m5 design.

There isn't really any dbm/bottom metal available that will accept the aics 4.05" mags that I'm seeing-- am I right? Or am I missing something with my google-foo

Thanks for the info ahead of time

Last edited:
Anyone install the cfe-9 before?

I know it takes modification of the receiver, bolt stop, and possibly ejection port--- but im looking on info about compatible bottom metal and inletting.

I know the CFE-9 will work in a Factory Rem 700 LA and factory BDL trigger guard as long as the ADL screw hole is milled out, ive seen it on 1 RUM.
I would call Wyatts to make sure.

Looking at the cfe-9 internal box and had questions.

Can it be used in a blind mag adl set up? What bdl style bottom metal options are available for this? I see ptg offers bottom metal that says it works with the cfe9, will the wyatts obendorf bottom metal work too? I'm assuming factory bdl metal won't work, but I could be wrong...the descriptions on the various web pages all seem to be lacking details. Does the ptg just require "fitting"? Or is it more like full inletting like with the m5 design.

There isn't really any dbm/bottom metal available that will accept the aics 4.05" mags that I'm seeing-- am I right? Or am I missing something with my google-foo

Thanks for the info ahead of time
It would be worth a call to Wyatts.

I know the CFE-9 will work in a Factory Rem 700 LA and factory BDL trigger guard as long as the ADL screw hole is milled out, ive seen it on 1 RUM.
I would call Wyatts to make sure.
I called Wyatt at the bar. He assured me that there is nothing that can't be fixed with another shot of Doctor Morgan Black. 🤣