Casper Wyoming

MachV

Haveing ben unjustly fired from my last job(of 11 years)I found a replacement in Casper Wyoming.
Gona be a little busy with the moveing but hope to get into some longrange hunting when I get settled in.
Tradeing the flat corn and bean fields of S Minnesota for the Casper area aught to make it a little interesting?Anybody have any info about the area that would help this misplaced prairie dog assin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shirley Basin... South west of ya about 40 min... they are all over if ya look beyond the roads!!!

Get on some of the 2 tracks and drive over some hills you'll see them every where...

Thanks Ric
Have herd about he Shirly basin but there was a fire and tight time frame last time I was doggin in the area and couldnt get there.I'll find some free time to check it out after we get settled in.
Gettin off the beaten path(read getting lost) is what I do best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I just came back from Casper. The only thing there that was more plentifull than pronghorns were the P-dogs. Actually, there was also about a billion rabbits running all over the highways @ night. Four big jackrabbits fell victim to my rental car the other night. Bump-bump-thump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mach V, if you don't mind my asking what will you be working at in Casper? I was there the first week of June looking for a job. I liked it there.

Got the job last Monday and went lookin for housing yeasterday and start work next Monday.So far its all ben scouting for a liveing but hope to get out and about scouting critters soon.The longrange possibilities are lookin good!
<font color="blue">sasquatch </font>
Thats what I was hopeing for,someone who knew the area and looking to share some shootin with.Email sent.
<font color="blue">Varmint Hunter </font>
Got a few jacks on the way down from Gillette with the car too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifWhen we come outa the motel yesterday the rugrat askt if there where any pronhorn in town?When I turned to tell her probibly I noticed a couple of fawns 50yards in back of the car.Saw a few mulies too while looking for housing.
<font color="blue">270bdl </font>
They call me a welder these days but I went to school to be a dairy farmer/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Welding is steadier pay and a lot less work and hassle.The oil and coal fields are booming and so is Casper,I hope it continues.I start work on the 3rd October building dump boxes for the big coal haulers.
<font color="blue">Ol' Mike </font>
Not sure how to take your post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dispite what the bunny huggers would have you believe the prairie dog is alive and thriveing.Shot a lot of dogs in Montana,Wyoming,Colorado,Kansas,Nebraska,North and South Dakota.They sure aint hard to find and most are a lot closer than the Shirly basin to wherever you are from?

Mach V

Glad to hear you got the job,stressful being out of work I know.
I have told a few people where i praire dog hunt ,now that is where they praire dog hunt.
I'm working in nw florida right now and am going to bed right now because i'm leaving for casper in the morning to pd hunt.
In the east if you mention a hunting/fishing spot you'll wish you hadn't.I know casper isn't anything like that,here you just have to keep stuff under your hat.
I bet you'll love living there i know i would.I'm planning a move to colorado in about 1 1/2 yrs----Take care bud&gt;&gt;MIKE

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.