Cases sticking in chamber?

mnhunter2

Worked up my reloads for my Weatherby 6.5 RPM and had no pressure signs or sticking cases, went antelope hunting and that went fine, went to the range to just zero and the cases all stuck in the chamber, took a good jolt to remove them, any thoughts on what could now cause the cases to start being hard to remove?

Worked up my reloads for my Weatherby 6.5 RPM and had no pressure signs or sticking cases, went antelope hunting and that went fine, went to the range to just zero and the cases all stuck in the chamber, took a good jolt to remove them, any thoughts on what could now cause the cases to start being hard to remove?
Temperature ? paint the case with a sharpie ,chamber and eject look for a shiny spot where the sharpie was rubbed off. That is your problem Spot .

What powder are you using? I worked up loads for 280ai and 22cm with reloader 26. Both showed no signs of pressure at initial load development. Both, at a later date started showing signs of pressure. Had to reduce powder charge in both.

I pulled the bullets and reduced the load by .3 grains and the cases don't stick now, does that make sense?

I pulled the bullets and reduced the load by .3 grains and the cases don't stick now, does that make sense?
.3 of a grain is an awful small reduction in charge weight. You shouldn't go from stuck cases to AOK with that small of a change. Not in a case that large anyway.

I'd shoot them over a chronograph just to see what the velocity is. If you're exceeding a reasonable velocity, it's almost certain that you're over on pressure even when other tradition signs are absent. Velocity and pressure "generally" go hand-in-hand.

Recent Posts