Case trimmer

I have several cordless drills but I prefer to use my drill press. Much faster and more consistent because the cutter always has to move straight down, there is no chance of me changing the angle.

I just leave the drill running, lock a case in, pull the handle till it hits the stop, let got of the handle and replace the case with the next one.

I keep a case of each cartridge I load to set the depth on the drill press so set-up is quick. You just need to align the case holder with the cutter and away you go.

You have a cordless drill don't ya? That's all I use and I put some serious brass through mine

I actually use my 1/2" chuck corded drill and put the cutter in it instead of the holder. I find I can work the holder faster when it's not in the drill. A friend of mine with an rcbs trimmer says my way is twice as fast.

I wish I had a drill press

I have used the Lee trimmers for years. Once you get the exact length you want. It sometimes takes a little tuning to get the exact length you want. Hope it is long and just stone the pin to the exact length you want. I have had trouble with only 1 Lee trimmer and it had a shaft of aluminum and the brass would flow a little and nearly lock the case on the shaft. Had to fight it to get the rod out. Found another trimmer in a store with a steel shaft, replace the aluminum one and go. Just make sure the primer flash holes are centered. Make sure you have the pen in the flash hole before you turn the drill on. Trim case to length, inside, outside champhar and ream flash hole without removing the case from the shell holder.. Works great when doing a bunch of new or surplus case.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts