Cartridge poll for curiosity

It seems the OP has more experience in the question than lots of people responding.

6.5 Creed is the obvious choice of the cartridges listed for actual PRS/NRL style competition shooting unless a guy wants to run 308 in a tac class which doesn't really apply to NRL.

Would love to see how many 100 round match days guys would shoot with a 300 wm, 264 WM, or 22 creedmoor before reconsidering though..

It seems the OP has more experience in the question than lots of people responding.

6.5 Creed is the obvious choice of the cartridges listed for actual PRS/NRL style competition shooting unless a guy wants to run 308 in a tac class which doesn't really apply to NRL.

Would love to see how many 100 round match days guys would shoot with a 300 wm, 264 WM, or 22 creedmoor before reconsidering though..
You are correct on all points. It's a poll to hear people's thoughts. I love the 22,6mm,25, and 6.5 Creedmoor. Haven't been around the 30 Creedmoor. Yet!!

6.5 Creedmoor is the only one on that list that makes sense for tactical matches like PRS. You could do 308 and shoot tac, but in my opinion it's better to start with a cartridge that makes the game easier. By the time you burn out that barrel you'll know if you want to stick with 6.5 Creed, shoot tac, or go with something like 6GT or BR.

F class, BR, and ELR are a whole different ballgame and it'll depend on what specific discipline you want to shoot. KO2M and Nightforce ELR are very different games with very different needs, as are 600 and 1000yd BR.

I started LR with a .308 Win. It never seemed a problem, but.. that was quite a few years ago, today... I think something like the 6XC might work just fine, of course, there are others, but this one is a fine cartridge to learn the LR game off of. Just my 0.2 Cheers

6.5creedmoor takes the cake on
1. Entry level long range
2. Entry level long range competition
3. Best availability of factory guns
4. Best availability of factory ammo
5. Best fit of BC and recoil in class with the above things.
6. And last but not least the 6-5 Creedmoor has the one of the best group of haters out there!!

Also doubles as a dang good deer rifle! It's a lot less destructive on game than one of those big black AR47 rifles that so heavy and shoot 30 50 caliber bullets at once from its giant clip when you put it on full-semi- automatic