Cant say thanks enough for the help!

mrjckelly

Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this site I have finally found what my 7mm STW likes. I couldnt find a load that shot anything less than a 2 in group @ 100yds. Thanks to the tips I found a load that works 150 gr Sarocco with 75gr of IMR 7828 with Fed 215 primers and Remington brass. I finally got a .65 3 shot group at 100yds! Gonna work some other loads with this powder and see what I get . Thanks again guys. gun)lightbulb

Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this site I have finally found what my 7mm STW likes. I couldnt find a load that shot anything less than a 2 in group @ 100yds. Thanks to the tips I found a load that works 150 gr Sarocco with 75gr of IMR 7828 with Fed 215 primers and Remington brass. I finally got a .65 3 shot group at 100yds! Gonna work some other loads with this powder and see what I get . Thanks again guys. gun)lightbulb
If you don't mind what kind of rifle is your 7mm stw ? The reason I ask is my dad just bought one the other day his is a remington 700 .He plans on shooting a 162 grain AMAX did you ever try the AMAX?

My rifle is a Remington 700 Custom KS built in there custom gun shop. 24" barrel and a 1 in 10 twist. I have not shot any of the heavier bullet weights yet but plan to work up some loads once I finish tweaking my 150 gr loads. Would highly recommend IMR 7828 to start. It made a huge difference in my groups. Hope this helps and gets you on the right track. Love my 7mm STW.gun)

mrjckelly,
Glad to hear that it's coming together for you. It's definately a confidence builder for me when I find that amazingly accurate load. Once I find one accurate load I soon start thinking about another bullet/powder to try, hoping to find another.
I've been shooting my .243 Win 70 Heavy Barrel Varmint rifle all summer for groundhogs and crows, first with 65gn V-Max's and Varget then with 75gn Hornady HP's and IMR4895. I've been wondering about the 90 or 95gn Ballistic Tips for deer in this rifle. I bought a couple boxes of 95gn NBT's and last Saturday, after researching the internet and Nosler's #6, I decided on Viht N560 and CCI BR2's. Nosler said 44.5gn (max) was the most accurate but I started with 44.0gn's and seated them .010" off. WoW! The first three shot group at 100yds measured .2225". I haven't chrono'd it yet but according to the book it should be over 3100fps. Gonna run a couple more groups through it to verify the load is that good. JohnnyK.

Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "Reloading was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.