Cant fit a bullet down a fired case. Is this okay? HBN Causing Issues?

i cannot push a bullet into the case with my bare hands. Is this okay

I have seen this in 243 win, factory chamber. Starting to mid-range loads of IMR 4350 or 4831 with a Berger 68 gr bullet does not expand the necks. After the bullet leaves, brass springs back, making it hard to push a bullet into the fired case.

With your setup, its safer to get an exact diameter measurement of the chambers neck.

Brass has a memory, it wants to return to its previous state after firing.

Problem solved. I just loaded a few rounds and they did not shave any copper after trimming and annealing. The case neck measures the same all the way down after firing and I can fit a bullet in right up into the point where I hit the **** donut that I apparently have now. It gets tight at the shoulder neck Junction.
[/QUOTE
I'd just like to say that I've read a lot about case measurement, did you ever measure your bullets? I believe that I read you are using a coated bullet/s, again did you measure your bullets to find out what you have? Also with a donut, it can either be turned off or reamed out depending on what method you are using to prep your cases. I did read where you did not have an annealer when you originally started this thread. The very first thing that I do "before" anything is done is to anneal my brass, unless there are primers and then I remove the spent primers. I read in one of your replies where you wrote something about "poor and dumb" guys to come here to find out what is going on. Owning a custom rifle might make someone poor, but you certainly are not dumb. First you came to the right place to find answers to your problem, and then you followed up, asked further questions and listened to what people were suggesting that you do. I have oftentimes seen on the forum where people simply will not do what is recommended to them, you did a great job with this one.

Did you ever figure it out?
Was using Bertram brass but had accuracy issues with that barrel so Proof Research gave me a free barrel and I switched to ADG brass. No problems with the new setup. I think I had a donut issue because I turned down Bertram 7mm SAUM brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.