Can someone explain this to me?

I don't understand why the ballistics data Shooter is giving me makes sense. I am comparing two guns....a 28N with a 195 Berger (BC of .755) with a MV of 3000, and a 280AI with a 168 VLD (BC of .618) with a MV of 3010. All other data for the ballistics chart is the same...both an 8 twist, and all environmentals are identical.

The 28N is essentially the same speed as the 280AI but much higher BC. The 28N starts out with much higher energy, a little more than 500 ft lbs, and yet with a higher BC bullet with essentially the same MV, carries 200-ish ft lbs less energy at 70l0 yds and 450-ish less energy at 1200. I bring these up not to debate whether they are fast or slow, but to give the inputs into the charts.

it seems to me that either I have done something wrong, which I wont rule out but I have been using the app successfully for years and feel I know it decently well), the app is messed up, or I don't understand the science (lay person but think I understandnthe key points) like I thought I did.

To proactively answer any other questions to keep this on track, both rifles are from MOA, and the 28N is with Retumbo while the 280AI is with N560. The 28 has a 26" barrel and the 280 has a 25". MV is based off Labradar.

Put aside the specifics of this example...all else equal, shouldn't a much higher BC bullet, with the same MV and much more energy at the muzzle, have that energy advantage grow over distance and have less drop? Isn't that just science? What could be causing this (other than app or user error).

Thx

View attachment 194382

View attachment 194383
image.jpg
image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.