Can Rifle Recoil Cause TMJ?

Foul up, move up: A motto for our times.

Or, Elevate to the level of there incompetence.

On the eye dominance issue, you can train the other eye by patching the dominate eye while shooting. some just place a piece of tape over there shooting glasses.

I am lucky, I am ambidextrous and only have to close the right eye if shooting left handed.
but patching the dominate eye does work even though it seams awkward.

J E CUSTOM

Yes JE , try having both eyes open .... I'm a left or right myself.... I shoot with both open on targets and its easier to hit a moving target at less than 100yds too.

Dr Bob's right there. An unexpected bump into something can cause all sorts of things, TMJ included.

Yes JE , try having both eyes open .... I'm a left or right myself.... I shoot with both open on targets and its easier to hit a moving target at less than 100yds too.

+1
I also shoot running and flying targets with both eyes open, but if a person cant , he can train the non dominant eye by patching. not everyone is as fortunate as those of us that are ambidextrous
and can switch eyes while shooting.

My brother in law was right handed and left eye dominate. he would hold the rifle right handed and place his head over the but stock far enough to use his left eye. (Talking about awkward looking)

I had to re train his right eye by patching his left, and now you would not know that he ever used his left eye. he automatically holds and shoot the rifle correctly.

PS: I told him we could set him up with a left handed rifle but he had more trouble with the hold and trigger pull, than using the right eye.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts